Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   Accessory auto timer shutdown PITA (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/accessory-auto-timer-shutdown-pita-61241.html)

ultraelvis 06-09-2013 09:33 PM

Accessory auto timer shutdown PITA

Does anyone know how to disable the accessory function turning itself off automatically; short of getting an auto electrician to look at it?

Dumbest feature ever.

Willx 06-09-2013 09:41 PM

It is there to prevent the battery from going dead. Modern stock audio systems can cause the vehicle to be no start in as little as 20 minutes.

allypally 06-09-2013 10:52 PM

Re: Accessory auto timer shutdown PITA

Cant modify it i'm afraid.

ENFORCER 06-10-2013 12:25 AM

I found it slightly annoying as I would listen to the radio while watching the son play cricket. I have not found a way around it aside from pressing the start button every 20 mins. not really a big deal.

Kev. 06-11-2013 02:26 AM

Apparently if you use the key to turn the ignition (pop the start button out and the key goes in there), it stays on.

I've not tested it myself though!

Kev.

DCRSRT 06-11-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev. (Post 839392)
Apparently if you use the key to turn the ignition (pop the start button out and the key goes in there), it stays on.

Kev.

Didn't know you could pop out the start button!

Kev. 06-11-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCRSRT (Post 839399)

Classic case of Jeep's customer service and handover from the dealership! It wouldn't suprise me if the sales guys don't know this.

Kev.

allypally 06-11-2013 05:52 AM

Did you know that there is actually a "key" in your fob? If you pull it apart, you will find it.
It can be used to start the car. If you flick out the push start button, you will find an old fashioned ignition which requires a key.

Hellipilot 06-17-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCRSRT (Post 839399)

You might like to pop it out and throw each of your keys in occasionally as this actually charges your key battery.:)

Willx 06-17-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellipilot (Post 843166)

You might like to pop it out and throw each of your keys in occasionally as this actually charges your key battery.:)

There is no charging mechanism in the fobs.

Hellipilot 06-17-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Kev.

I'll give it a burl and report back, I usually sit outside the daughters dance school for an hour. It was there the first time I was surprised after 20 minutes of listening to the radio when all hell broke loose. All of a sudden radio went silent, seat started sliding back to the entry position, just about damn $#%& myself. Now I use it as a great party trick when showing people the Jeep. Get em in the drivers seat and chat to them through the open window while they check it out. Laugh a minute.

GalidiinaeSRT 06-17-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Kev.

The key is for opening a door not the ignition. The end of the key fob is the ignition key.