Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Uconnect 430/430N update - June2013 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/uconnect-430-430n-update-june2013-61243.html)

Todd3.6 06-09-2013 10:27 PM

Uconnect 430/430N update - June2013
 
Just received an optical disc in the mail from Chrysler to update the Uconnect 430/430N.

There are three updates if you have the 430N:
#1 - Baseline data files
#2 - Garmin navigation software (does not include map updates)
#3 - Radio software update (I didn't write down the version number)

If you have the 430/RBZ system, obviously you won't see or apply the Garmin update.

Apparently the first update is supposed to enhance performance of the hard disk. I haven't driven around enough to see any difference yet.

Another unexpected bonus for me (even before the update)...
I just updated my Android phone to a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Uconnect system will now acknowledge and read out incoming text messages from the phone. My previous phone was a Nexus S 4G which worked with the Bluetooth features (including downloading the phone book), it wouldn't ack/read text messages.

*sox* 06-09-2013 11:15 PM

Re: Uconnect 430/430N update - June2013
 
Which Version are the update?

Todd3.6 06-10-2013 06:58 PM

Re: Uconnect 430/430N update - June2013
 
The only 'version' number presented during the update was the Radio Software version. The booklet with the CD shows version 33.01.23 in one of the illustrations and I remember that matches the upgrade version on my radio. The 'old' version was different than that shown in the booklet (mine was newer than illustrated).

The actual disk states Garmin 3.0.

firefighterk 06-11-2013 03:37 AM

Re: Uconnect 430/430N update - June2013
 
Hey todd i got this in the mail to for my 12 wk2 i check my software on my car and its a 33.00.41 but the booklet like you said showed going from the old nav style to the new black one. .41 is already black do you know what this version is for?

Todd3.6 06-11-2013 08:28 PM

Re: Uconnect 430/430N update - June2013
 
What I've noticed so far...

The "Nav" icon in the upper right corner (while in radio mode) is different. I haven't seen much difference in the actual Navigation software though. When I go into the Navigation, the first screen looks pretty similar to what it looked like before the upgrade. I did notice that there were 3 Garmin 'sites' listed in Favorites that I don't remember being there before. Those were deleted immediately. I don't use the Nav a lot, even here in the Twin Cities, so there may be a lot of changes that I just haven't noticed.

I don't use the radio (AM/FM/Satellite) so I can't tell if anything has changed/improved there. I use the HDD and AUX features. I noticed that after the update the AUX button is greyed out unless you have a device plugged in OR have your smart phone running a media app (for Bluetooth streaming). I have noticed that the HDD seems to react faster, especially at initial start-up. There have been times where it took over a minute to show the current song playing, now it's usually showing the song by the time the "warning" message goes away (I stopped pressing accept after the first week or so since it starts playing music while displaying the message).

If anyone reading this owns a 2012 with the 430/430N and for some reason doesn't get the update CD, let me know. I'm sure I can work out a way to get an ISO image of the CD and scanned images of the 'booklet' to you. I have a Google Drive account so if you have Gmail I can give you temp access to a folder and upload the ISO/scans there for download.

Burning an ISO is pretty easy, you just need a CD burner and software like this (my favorite DVD/CD burning app):
InfraRecorder

*sox* 06-12-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd3.6 (Post 839223)
The only 'version' number presented during the update was the Radio Software version. The booklet with the CD shows version 33.01.23 in one of the illustrations and I remember that matches the upgrade version on my radio. The 'old' version was different than that shown in the booklet (mine was newer than illustrated).

The actual disk states Garmin 3.0.

hm 33.01.23 are old i have this post this on december 2012


.....with apple parts on tour

jorsr 06-12-2013 06:02 PM

Re: Uconnect 430/430N update - June2013
 
I got it also,did the install and tried to put the 4 digit security code in which they said was 0000 and it read that its the wrong code tried it 4 times then got locked out - what a F%%% joke

Todd3.6 06-12-2013 08:25 PM

Re: Uconnect 430/430N update - June2013
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jorsr (Post 840481)
I got it also,did the install and tried to put the 4 digit security code in which they said was 0000 and it read that its the wrong code tried it 4 times then got locked out - what a F%%% joke

I'd be pissed too.
My upgrade appeared to 'stall' (black screen for over a couple minutes), I got tired of waiting and hit the power button a couple times which apparently turned it off and back on and I never got the 'security code' prompt.

*sox* 06-13-2013 05:21 AM

you dont need the code.

just close the car for 3 min after open and ignition on the mygig well riceved your vin from the canbus and dont ask the code!


......tapatalk on tour

firefighterk 06-13-2013 10:36 AM

Re: Uconnect 430/430N update - June2013
 
sox is this the latest one or have you posted another one?

*sox* 06-13-2013 10:54 AM

its not the latest, but the latest i have riceved und postet.


.....with apple parts on tour

axel_hoger 06-26-2013 11:56 PM

Re: Uconnect 430/430N update - June2013
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd3.6 (Post 838698)
Just received an optical disc in the mail from Chrysler to update the Uconnect 430/430N.

There are three updates if you have the 430N:
#1 - Baseline data files
#2 - Garmin navigation software (does not include map updates)
#3 - Radio software update (I didn't write down the version number)

If you have the 430/RBZ system, obviously you won't see or apply the Garmin update.

Apparently the first update is supposed to enhance performance of the hard disk. I haven't driven around enough to see any difference yet.

Another unexpected bonus for me (even before the update)...
I just updated my Android phone to a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Uconnect system will now acknowledge and read out incoming text messages from the phone. My previous phone was a Nexus S 4G which worked with the Bluetooth features (including downloading the phone book), it wouldn't ack/read text messages.



where can i download the file, i need to update my radio..... thankssss.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community