Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Who's messin' with my system :) (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/whos-messin-with-my-system-61254.html)

bill_de 06-10-2013 09:04 AM

Who's messin' with my system :)

I had been posting these surprises in the uConnect upgrade forum, but I don't think the upgrade can be responsible.

Every few days I use the Go Home command, just to make sure the nav is working. Two things were a little different today.

First, whenever I turned onto a new road, the next turn would flash in the instrument cluster for a couple of seconds no matter how far away I was from that turn. It would then show it again when I was within a quarter mile, like it always had. This is pretty cool since I usually have the main screen turned off.

Second, for the first time since I've gotten the car, it found my house, right to the driveway. Up until now it always tried to direct me to a house on the other side of the development.

I lock my garage at night, so I don't know how the gremlins are getting to my Jeep. But, they aren't hurting anything. :)

jacko15 06-10-2013 11:10 AM

Re: Who's messin' with my system :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 838886)
I lock my garage at night, so I don't know how the gremlins are getting to my Jeep. But, they aren't hurting anything. :)

3g?

Willx 06-10-2013 11:26 AM

wow, so sorry other than the flashing note which is anoying... Your Gremlins actually made your Nav Better????

bill_de 06-10-2013 11:35 AM

I like that it flashes the next turn. :)

I'm gonna miss it when it goes away. :(

:lol:

SleepyWeasel 06-14-2013 08:10 AM

Is it only the 8.4AN that flashes the turns in the dash? My 8.4A doesn't do that unless there is a setting that I'm missing.

bill_de 06-14-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyWeasel (Post 841521)
Is it only the 8.4AN that flashes the turns in the dash? My 8.4A doesn't do that unless there is a setting that I'm missing.

I don't think it is supposed to on either. It is something that started of mine out of the blue. I have to use the nav next time out to see if it is still doing it.

On the 8.4an it does show the turn in the cluster when you are about 1/4 mile out. That is selectable in the EVIC.

SleepyWeasel 06-14-2013 10:26 AM

No, it doesn't show the turn on the cluster, I've seen a screenshot of it doing it, but haven't figured out how to get mine to do it.

blackknight 06-14-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyWeasel (Post 841602)
No, it doesn't show the turn on the cluster, I've seen a screenshot of it doing it, but haven't figured out how to get mine to do it.

There is a check box on the navigation screen under settings to turn this feature on or off.

SleepyWeasel 06-14-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackknight (Post 841888)
There is a check box on the navigation screen under settings to turn this feature on or off.

I'll check for it. Thanks.

SleepyWeasel 06-15-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackknight (Post 841888)

Thanks Blackknight, I found the box, checked it and now the turns show up in the instrument cluster!

blackknight 06-16-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SleepyWeasel (Post 842389)

Thanks Blackknight, I found the box, checked it and now the turns show up in the instrument cluster!

Your welcome. That's what the forum is for.