Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Weather Tech or Husky Liner (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/weather-tech-or-husky-liner-61275.html)

Ram4whldr 06-10-2013 12:37 PM

Weather Tech or Husky Liner

Which one do you all like for the WK2? I have always been a Husky Liner fan but I was not impressed at all with the set I recently purchased for my 2010 Dodge Ram. The passenger side front mat moves a ton and has gotten out of shape because of this. Seems like the Weather Tech mats may stay in place better. Thoughts?

mfa81 06-10-2013 02:48 PM

I've been using husky for about 2 months now I guess, they are pretty good and stay put in place, I have no issues with them moving around!

I'm not too crazy about the cargo liner though, not sure why but the fit is not perfect as the front/back row liners.

joenjulie 06-10-2013 03:59 PM

Re: Weather Tech or Husky Liner

I've run Weather Tech for quite some time, but have used Husky too. In the Jeep, I went with the Weather Tech. My mom's 05 durango has them, and they are still in great shape. On that same note, the newer Weather Techs(our 13 grand and charger) don't seem as thick or rigid as my moms, but still better than 99% of everything else out there. I see Husky now has a molded design like the Weather Tech and they were cheaper(on SummitRacing), but the wife seems to like weather techs, so that's what we get. In our '10 wrangler I went with the Husky heavy duty molded that almost look like diamond plate with the little "spines" on the bottom, no issues.

amrunner4 06-10-2013 04:07 PM

I had Husky mats and cargo liner for 9 years in my 4Runner and loved them. This time I decided to try the Weather Tech. The mats didn't cover very fully, but the cargo liner was really nice. So I sent for the Husky versions to compare. The Husky mats cover so much more carpet both up front and in the rear. They fit right over the carpet hooks in front without a hole like the Weather Techs mats have. But the Husky cargo liner I didn't like as much as the Weather Tech. The Husky has a really nice high lip all the way around, but it looked kind of funny along the rear edge, and frankly kind of got in the way when loading or unloading the back.

In the end I kept the Husky front and rear mats and kept the Weather Tech cargo liner.

BTW, I got the weatherbeater style Husky mats (not the diamond plate patterned classic version).

jacko15 06-10-2013 06:56 PM

I agree with amrunner4. I had WeatherTech in my Enclave, but I think the Husky Weatherbeaters fit my JGC better than the WeatherTech. I actually like the lip on the rear of the cargo liner. It keeps stuff inside when I open the hatch.

Worc_RSV 06-11-2013 07:25 PM

I went with weatherTech. I noticed there new mats seem to have a little bit more of a rubber feel to them now than they did in the past. I am very happy with them.

berk483 06-11-2013 08:10 PM

I went with the husky weatherbeaters and have no complaints. Great coverage, and no chance of leaks with the floor hooks being covered by the mat. For the cargo area I thought the Jeep one was perfect for what I needed.

Austin4WD 06-12-2013 07:30 PM

I also have the Husky weatherbeaters, Canvasback cargo liner, and Mopar cargo mat. All are great. I like the better coverage of the Huskys'.

Ram4whldr 06-12-2013 08:06 PM

Thanks for all the input. I ordered the entire set of Husky liners this morning! Now I just need a Jeep to go with it!!!

gdasher 06-13-2013 11:05 AM

Does anyone have pictures of the black liners on a grey interior or grey liners on a grey interior? I am trying to decide which way to go. Thanks.

abarbs30 06-14-2013 10:51 AM

Just put weather techs in my 14. Fronts, Backs, and Cargo. Awesome product, great coverage, and solid look. Went black because I have a black interior.

NinjaBoot 06-14-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abarbs30 (Post 841621)
Just put weather techs in my 14. Fronts, Backs, and Cargo. Awesome product, great coverage, and solid look. Went black because I have a black interior.

Can you post some images? I'm looking at the exact same setup for my 14 Summit.