Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   "iOS7 in the Car" & UConnect (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/ios7-in-the-car-and-uconnect-61295.html)

Dome 06-10-2013 10:59 PM

"iOS7 in the Car" & UConnect
 
Anybody else hear about this new feature for iPhones? Seems like every car manufacturer except Chrysler was listed as getting this. What do you think, will this come to the UConnect systems?

Apple - iOS 7 - Features (scroll to the bottom of the page)

old grisly 06-10-2013 11:14 PM

Re: "iOS7 in the Car" & UConnect
 
Hi Dome,

It says available in 2014, you'd think by then it would be on UConnect - hope we can get more info, not gonna buy a new rig for ios7 in the car .....

Roki303 06-11-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dome (Post 839318)
Anybody else hear about this new feature for iPhones? Seems like every car manufacturer except Chrysler was listed as getting this. What do you think, will this come to the UConnect systems?

Apple - iOS 7 - Features (scroll to the bottom of the page)

According some other source that I was reading Chrysler IS onboard with this.

1stJeepGC 06-11-2013 07:51 AM

Re: "iOS7 in the Car" & UConnect
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roki303 (Post 839361)
According some other source that I was reading Chrysler IS onboard with this.

Greetings,

I have been reading that also in the 12 volt trade forums. Nobody seems to have a answer on when or if it will be in the 2015 line up. It would be great if the screen matches the resolution of the iPhone and communicates via 2-way touch as well. Then, if they are smart, the GPS can be with the apps and integrated in the traditional in-dash dual mode that we are used to.

I am sure the aftermarket world is also working on something.

Best for now.:)

davekarn 06-11-2013 07:59 AM

Re: "iOS7 in the Car" & UConnect
 
I posted this in another thread and would HOPE that it would simply be a software update on UConnect, but we will see. I also read that Chrysler was part of the bunch as well. They were part of some Siri Eyes Free deal back in 2012 and all those manufacturers are apparently a part of this as well. Time will tell I suppose.

Willx 06-24-2013 05:57 AM

Re: "iOS7 in the Car" & UConnect
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by davekarn (Post 839522)
I posted this in another thread and would HOPE that it would simply be a software update on UConnect, but we will see. I also read that Chrysler was part of the bunch as well. They were part of some Siri Eyes Free deal back in 2012 and all those manufacturers are apparently a part of this as well. Time will tell I suppose.

So far the only support that is being launched by an auto manufacturer that I was able to get info on was BMW but it is simply pass through access to Siri vis the vehicle controls. Similar to how you used to access the voice controls on older systems exceppt you can just hold the access button down to tale to Siri directly.

On other parts of the system, there are varied levels of support to access other features. I have not seen a visual link of the two screens yet. AirPlay to the vehicle isn't a bad idea if you have a media system in the back?

NinjaBoot 06-26-2013 03:59 PM

Re: "iOS7 in the Car" & UConnect
 
The long hold pass through to activate Siri also works in both of the Audi's I own.

The automotive iOS integration will most likely be built on Airplay technology which is hardware based and proprietary.

Shannon 06-28-2013 02:26 AM

Re: "iOS7 in the Car" & UConnect
 
I had read (Don't remember where) that apple refuses to give the codes needed for voice texting and the IOS to Uconnect

NinjaBoot 06-28-2013 08:47 AM

Re: "iOS7 in the Car" & UConnect
 
That wouldn't surprise me, Apple likes "partnerships" and they don't just let anyone in. There are some interesting things under the hood of iOS 7... But I don't know anything about that nor could I say anything about it if I did...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community