Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips/DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/)
-   -   Alarm!!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/alarm-61315.html)

12altitude 06-11-2013 11:54 AM

Alarm!!!!
 
I'm just curious..I have a 12' grand Cherokee wiyh the keyless entry shit, and when I set the alarm when does it actually go off if it does at all!? Lol I remember back in the day with them hornet alarms that when you'd kick the tire or when it would thunder the alarms would go off!...do these things work? Like when do they go off?

Dabitz 06-11-2013 01:54 PM

Re: Alarm!!!!
 
I read somewhere if you open the door.

2012 Summit 06-11-2013 02:33 PM

Re: Alarm!!!!
 
No motion sensor on the alarm.

VEHICLE SECURITY ALARM ó IF EQUIPPED


This Vehicle Security Alarm monitors the vehicle doors,
liftgate, liftgate flipper glass, and ignition for unauthorized
operation. When the alarm is activated, the interior
switches for door locks, power liftgate and flipper glass
are disabled. The Vehicle Security Alarm provides both
audio and visual signals, the horn will sound, the headlights
will turn on, park lamps and/or turn signals will
flash repeatedly for three minutes. If the disturbance is
still present (driverís door, passenger door, other doors,
ignition) after three minutes, the headlights, park lamps
and/or turn signals will flash for an additional 15 minutes

gc4x4 06-14-2013 10:28 AM

Re: Alarm!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012 Summit (Post 839734)
No motion sensor on the alarm.

VEHICLE SECURITY ALARM ó IF EQUIPPED


This Vehicle Security Alarm monitors the vehicle doors,
liftgate, liftgate flipper glass, and ignition for unauthorized
operation. When the alarm is activated, the interior
switches for door locks, power liftgate and flipper glass
are disabled. The Vehicle Security Alarm provides both
audio and visual signals, the horn will sound, the headlights
will turn on, park lamps and/or turn signals will
flash repeatedly for three minutes. If the disturbance is
still present (driverís door, passenger door, other doors,
ignition) after three minutes, the headlights, park lamps
and/or turn signals will flash for an additional 15 minutes


so somebody could smash out a window, crawl in the vehicle, steal what they want and crawl out the window and it wont go off??:eek:

DurangoZJ 06-14-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gc4x4 (Post 841605)
so somebody could smash out a window, crawl in the vehicle, steal what they want and crawl out the window and it wont go off??:eek:

Yes, has happened to me twice. Footprints on the back and front seats. Crawl in through window...

gc4x4 06-14-2013 11:15 AM

Re: Alarm!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DurangoZJ (Post 841607)
Yes, has happened to me twice. Footprints on the back and front seats. Crawl in through window...

Then whats the point of having an alarm if it doesn't sense any movement inside:confused:, Chrysler could easily hook up a pressure sensor to either the driver or passenger seat to bypass the motion sensor when someone is waiting in the car with the doors locked and then the motion will activate once everyone is out of the car and locked... I think Bmw and a few others has this type of alarm, correct me if im wrong...:rolleyes:

bill_de 06-14-2013 11:43 AM

Re: Alarm!!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gc4x4 (Post 841630)
Then whats the point of having an alarm if it doesn't sense any movement inside:confused:,

Alarms don't stop most theft. They give the owner a false sense of security. Somebody doing a smash and grab is still going to grab whatever they were after and be gone by the time anyone pays attention to the alarm.

I had a customer screaming at me when settling her insurance claim. She was carrying on about how much she paid for her alarm and how it was the best alarm in the world. Unintentionally I burst out laughing when I reminded her that the reason we were talking was because her car was stolen. ;)

After my boss laughed at her when she called to complain about me, she hung up and sent in the signed settlement papers.



.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community