Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Adaptive Cruise Control Stop-go (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/adaptive-cruise-control-stop-go-61316.html)

2mad2bad 06-11-2013 12:41 PM

Just found out that European model will have stop and go feature, so the mules that were tested with stop and go we're actually for European spec vehicles. my dealer said that, they will not be available on launch vehicles but September/October deliveries..

When will parallel park feature be available on GC, Maybe MY15? Or not for this generation..

f1anatic 06-11-2013 03:06 PM

Re: Adaptive Cruise Control Stop-go

what are the hardware differences between US and Euro models? Is it an ECU programming upgrade or is different hardware needed?

I believe our cars were supposed to have stop and go feature and I believe our adaptive cruise control can bring the car to a complete stop if so programmed.

ENFORCER 06-11-2013 05:39 PM

I thought the Stop/Go was standard on all the '14 with ACC ?
It is one of the major reasons I wanted to upgrade from the '11.

2mad2bad 06-11-2013 06:17 PM

I don't think there is much difference in terms of hardware, I thinks it's more to do with software, but dnt quote me on that..

There were pre production mules tested in the US, but not sure if it was just for EU spec vehicles.. However my dealer said that stop and go will be available on next batch of vehicle, so it may apply to US vehicles too..

GCOverland 06-11-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 839840)
I thought the Stop/Go was standard on all the '14 with ACC ?
It is one of the major reasons I wanted to upgrade from the '11.

It was initially announced as a MY14-feature but they took it back later on. Should be out on the MY15s if not sooner.

Tony407 06-12-2013 04:30 AM

The ACC disengages at ~16 mph. A message on the EVIC says "ACC deactivated minimum speed" or something similar. (US model.)

I checked, and it's 15 mph, not 16.

2mad2bad 06-12-2013 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony407 (Post 840114)
The ACC disengages at ~16 mph. A message on the EVIC says "ACC deactivated minimum speed" or something similar. (US model.)

Yeah it disengages at a low speed, but I've been in a BMW that brings car to a full stop and it's excellent, the system worked really well.. And it will accelerate if traffic moves off swiftly.. Excellent technology:-) Not sure if it's worth waiting for though...?

f1anatic 06-12-2013 06:43 AM

Just so we are clear on something:
stop and go and adaptive cruise control are 2 different technologies which may or may not work together.

Stop and Go is seen on most hybrid cars and it involves the stopping of the fossil fuel powered engine after the car has been stationary for some time, while in gear (drive). Once the gas pedal is pressed the engine comes to life and you can depart. This was touted for the 2014s but we did not get it in America.

Adaptive Cruise Control is the system that keeps the distance to the car ahead constant, the car will accelerate or brake the car on its own. We have that and yes it is wonderful, especially since for the 2014s, there is a related feature: Forward Collision Warning with Active Braking that makes use of the same sensors/hardware. Ours deactivates under 20 mph.

I could be wrong, but I think both stop and go as well as bringing the car to a complete stop is a matter of reprogramming not so much of hardware upgrades. But I could be wrong.

Stop and Go - fuel saver
ACC - safety feature

Willx 06-12-2013 07:00 AM

The ACC was supposed to be "FULL RANGE" same as the Mercedes. You set cruise and it can stop and go with traffic.

Mercedes also has a feature that turns off the motor at stop and instantly restarts which has nothing to do with the ACC.

I am surprised to hear that the full range speed control is not implemented. There is a summit in transit to a dealer I can test. I am interested to see what happened with this?

As for engine off and on, I didn't really like it much. Sure it saved a little fuel but when it isn't 65 degrees out it needs to restart to run heat or air pretty quickly. Seems like a lot of wear on the starter for a few dollars in fuel here and there. So I am glad CDJ is not currently doing this.

ENFORCER 06-12-2013 07:00 AM

I cannot seem to find where I read about the new ACC, but it will take the vehicle to a complete stop then take off again when the car in front moves.

I noticed that the ACC is now called "Enhanced Adaptive Cruise Control (NH1)"
Does the Enhanced mean it has this new feature, or is it the same as the "11-"13's ACC that turns off under 30km/h?

Milous can you advise ?

f1anatic 06-12-2013 07:16 AM

I think even the Jeep website gets it wrong
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee | SUV Safety & Security Features | Jeep

Probably much like the diesel marketing - too much hype yet as of a month ago, no EPA certification and not on sale.

Quote:

This warning system will be appreciated by even the most attentive drivers. Approach another object too rapidly and the Forward Collision Warning<sup class="tooltip" title="">+</sup> (FCW) with Crash Mitigation alerts the driver with an audible and visual warning, and automatically engages the brakes if a collision is imminent. Plus, the Adaptive Cruise Control<sup class="tooltip" title="">+</sup> (ACC) automatically adjusts cruising speed to maintain a preset distance between you and the crowd.
Click the + sign by Adaptive Cruise Control at the link above. It reads ACC with Stop whereas the + sign by the FCC reveals that the system does not impact drive dynamics...which we know it does on the 2014s (limited braking)

Willx 06-12-2013 07:33 AM

Hmmm... well it will be a couple of weeks before I can try one with that feature. Maybe ask another user to try it out and see what the range is.

I too read that is was going to be "full range" but that statement seems to have been modified.