Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Erratic ATC on 2014 Grand Cherokee (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/erratic-atc-on-2014-grand-cherokee-61484.html)

2014GC 06-14-2013 08:43 PM

Erratic ATC on 2014 Grand Cherokee

I have been watching this closely for about three weeks. I can set the ATC at 70 on a day when the outside temp is 90 and it does not seem to be cooling efficiently. If I turn the system off and turn it back the blower shifts to high and the air is much cooler. This can happen on a long trip and once it kicks in the air is blowing so cold I have to set it much higher than 70 for it to be comfortable. It will also react the same way if for some reason I have to downshift such as passing another vehicle. I have also noticed when I get in the Jeep after it has been sitting in the parking lot for a while the blower does not come on strong at start up like I am used to in other vehicles I've had in the passed.I have not taken it back to the dealer yet as when I do I will have to leave it for a while due to some other issues but I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing the same problem.

SteveCG 06-14-2013 11:03 PM

Re: Erratic ATC on 2014 Grand Cherokee

Yes I have also been experiencing a similar problem. Now my controls seem to be locked up so getting nothing but hot air as controls are stuck in defrost. So hit the off switch. See my above post. Also, the outside air temp seems to take for ever to update. It'll be 90 outside and the outside air temp says 75. Later in the day the outside air temp becomes accurate. Something is wrong with this system and I am heading to the dealer.

2014GC 06-15-2013 07:00 AM

Steve GC, Let me know what you find out. I'm taking mine in next or so and leaving it to have several electrical gremlins fixed.
Thanks

SteveCG 06-17-2013 03:41 PM

Following is what I wrote under my original post. Everything is working normal for now but the problem is not "fixed.":
As I mentioned, we're traveling so took it to the local Jeep dealer here in Tupelo. It's a small dealership but I arrived at 0730 and they went to work and worked on it until 1330. They eliminated ground straps and the water problem under the dash. They spoke to Chrysler engineering and they recommended the wiring bus. The mechanic was working on troubleshooting the bus when it self fixed. He messed with everything in the vicinity where he was working but could not again cause the problem. They told me they did not consider the problem "fixed" but could not troubleshoot without the problem in place.

The trouble codes: BCM: U0011-00, U0147-00; HMS: U0011-00, U0147-00; ICS: U0011, U00184; MSM: U0016; AMP: U0011, U0184; RAD20: U0010-00, U0011-00, U0140-00; EDM: U0011, U0010, U0141; HVAC: U0184; PLGM: U0010.

They left these trouble codes in place to assist the next troubleshooter. They had a similar wiring harness problem on a Chrysler 300 that eventually required them to change out the wiring bus. Hopefully that won't be necessary in our case.

We are going to continue the trip and hope and pray it will hold together until we get it home so we can lay it in the hands of our home based dealer. We will then be able to return the car to that dealership until they fix it or explore other alternatives if necessary.

weck 06-18-2013 08:01 PM

I happen to be on a business trip to sw Georgia and just learned that a coworker of mine down here recently picked up a 2014 summit. Same exact issue with the auto climate control as the original post. Fan on low, warm air. Switch to manual and instant meat locker.

Also has the nav issues posted in another thread.

And, as chance would have it, 2014 limited in the hotel parking lot with the chrome strip on the drivers rear door not aligned. Oh boy... Hope these are early build issues.