Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/)
-   -   Uconnect question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f186/uconnect-question-61499.html)

ktaylor07 06-15-2013 12:22 PM

Uconnect question

Hi, this is my very first post on this forum. I have used the search feature already but haven't found anything to answer my question and figured maybe someone here on the forum can help. I have a 2010 WK 4x4 with the Media Center 430 RBZ with the Boston acoustics premium audio stereo system. I won't actually have the vehicle until July sometime when I go visit grandparents and get it from the dealer. My question is how do I know if the vehicle is equipped with uconnect? It doesn't list it under the features but the vehicle itself has a lot of things not listed under the features such as leather heated seats, back-up cam, etc. The dealer just uses the base model features. I have read that just because the button for uconnect is on the radio, doesn't mean the vehicle actually has it. Maybe if I post a link to the dealer's listing for the vehicle someone can look through the pics the dealer provided and let me know if they see something that could be a giveaway if the vehicle is equipped with it or not. Thanks ahead of time for any help that any members of the forum can provide me with, as it is greatly appreciated!!!

ktaylor07 06-17-2013 04:04 PM

Re: Uconnect question

Anybody?

Willx 06-17-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktaylor07 (Post 843432)
Anybody?

If you get the VIN a dealer can run the build and tell you what it has or does not have. I think this can be done with last 8 but I will check later. If you cannot get the VIN there is no way to be sure of the vehicle content from the factory I know this for sure. Even a parts department with the vehicle sitting in there will want to check the Parts agains the VIN.

ktaylor07 06-17-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 843439)
If you get the VIN a dealer can run the build and tell you what it has or does not have. I think this can be done with last 8 but I will check later. If you cannot get the VIN there is no way to be sure of the vehicle content from the factory I know this for sure. Even a parts department with the vehicle sitting in there will want to check the Parts agains the VIN.

Ok. I was thinking the same thing. Just wanted to see if anyone on here might know without having to call a dealer. My experience with dealers is that they don't have any idea what they are talking about haha

Willx 06-17-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktaylor07 (Post 843445)

Ok. I was thinking the same thing. Just wanted to see if anyone on here might know without having to call a dealer. My experience with dealers is that they don't have any idea what they are talking about haha

I am not really saying you NEED to call the dealer. Can you get the VIN? There are lots of Smart people here.

ktaylor07 06-17-2013 04:30 PM

Yeah haha. The VIN is:

Willx 06-17-2013 04:33 PM

OK. Give me a bit and I will see if I can locate a smart person. Likely will be an hour or so, I am testing a cruise control feature in a few minutes.

ktaylor07 06-17-2013 04:35 PM

Thanks. You're awesome.

navguy2013 07-02-2013 10:12 AM

No, the RBZ's do not come equipt with Uconnect. You can use a Uconnect module which will give you access to the feature. oemautopartsco.com sells modules if you are interested.

Willx 07-02-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navguy2013 (Post 851688)
No, the RBZ's do not come equipt with Uconnect. You can use a Uconnect module which will give you access to the feature. oemautopartsco.com sells modules if you are interested.

We already verified his unit has UConnect. This is based on option codes not the model of the radio. Most RBZ I see have it.

ktaylor07 07-02-2013 02:46 PM

Yes, it has been verified. It has the uconnect option. Thank you!