Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Going from a Laredo to an SRT...1st impressions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/going-from-a-laredo-to-an-srt-1st-impressions-61517.html)

Darth Vapor SRT 06-15-2013 09:07 PM

Going from a Laredo to an SRT...1st impressions

As I've mentioned, I finally pulled the trigger on a 2012 SRT. I picked it up last night and drove it 85 miles home back to Chicago. I figured I would share a few things with anyone who may be on the fence. Or anyone who just may be curious. First of all, WOW, Why didn't I do this a while ago? The brutal yet controlled acceleration is one of the utmost coolest feelings I've ever felt. I've had fast cars before, a 2002 trans am ws6 was my first car out of college, but nothing I have ever driven (including an E55 AMG) begins to compare with this masterpiece. At one point during the drive home I was doing 75. I looked up ahead of me about 1/2 of a miles and said to myself "sure...take me there". What felt like 2 seconds and a stomp on the throttle later...I was there. By far and away my favorite part of this truck is when I am doing 15-20mph and give it about half throttle. 65mph in this car feels like 25 in others. I can not believe how smooth it is. I've already tinted the front windows, tail lights, and windshield (50%), and I just ordered the altitude rear brow from just for jeeps. I can't say enough good things about this car. So happy I made the purchase. As Scott has said, "Best....purchase...EVER". I will post pics soon.

Artofnoize 06-15-2013 09:45 PM

Looking forward to seeing them. Congrats on the new ride!

kennzz05 06-15-2013 09:56 PM

Re: Going from a Laredo to an SRT...!st impressions

i hear ya, i went from an 4 litre xj to the srt8 and i have not previously owned anything fast so imagine the smiles it brought to my face. even tho its last generation i love it

Scottina06 06-16-2013 12:28 AM

congrats!

zeprider25 06-16-2013 01:50 AM

congrats@

Dadio61 06-16-2013 01:55 AM

Yes, congratulations are in order! What color?

Red Suns 06-16-2013 06:23 AM

Congrats! "Bonkers" is a word that a friend used to best describe this rig. :)

Darth Vapor SRT 06-16-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dadio61 (Post 842559)
Yes, congratulations are in order! What color?

Black..Never owned a black car before. Dealer detailed it for me inside out. Let's just say since I signed the papers, I've washed it 3 times, waxed it 2 times, and threw a coat of polish on it just for kicks. :) But God almighty is black SHARP when its clean. Also, one thing I left out....Can't believe the amount of brake dust these brembos kick out. It's a reassuring sight though. The brakes could be my favorite part. I might put some of that wheel protectant spray on it to see if that helps with the dust.

Scottina06 06-16-2013 10:55 AM

check out the brake forum...theres some great discussion there concerning brakes, brake pads

Dadio61 06-16-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximumSteel13 (Post 842684)

But God almighty is black SHARP when its clean.

Truer words have never been spoken 😊

GalidiinaeSRT 06-16-2013 08:29 PM

Once you go SRT you won't go back.

Artofnoize 06-16-2013 09:32 PM

Black was my all time favorite color till I got my DCR. It's close, they are both fantastic looking when cleaned and detailed. I like how "deep" you can make the DCR look. Hence the name I suppose :D
Either color is beautiful IMO.