Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   2014 Limited Bluetooth connection problem (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/2014-limited-bluetooth-connection-problem-61534.html)

dPtQu3 06-16-2013 12:42 PM

2014 Limited Bluetooth connection problem

Hey guys, new to the forum here.

I'm having a problem with my bluetooth connection that I think is a little different from what I've seen in the other topics so far.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4x4 limited. UConnect 8.4AN

I can connect my bluetooth / Uconnect with my phone (Galaxy S3, Android 4.1.1, AT&T) and play the music from my phone via the media/bluetooth function but it keeps dropping the bluetooth - the bluetooth will disconnect and reconnect a few seconds later. I've yet to experience this happen to me during a call but it seems to happen every 5-10 minutes if I'm playing music or if I just watch the blutooth connection in general. I checked for UConnect updates and there were none, but I also saw that their firmware is set to work with the Android 4.0. Since I have a pretty common phone and all I figured the problem is more than just the firmware issue though since I don't see too many people with the same type of symptom as me.

Anyway, if anyone can help me out with this issue it'd be much appreciated. I put in a ticket with Chrysler and when I call UConnect they tell me that it'll be fixed with a firmware upgrade for UConnect but that's been over a month since they've said that and 4.1 has been out for nearly a year now

I updated the firmware for my vehicle via USB two days ago.

dPtQu3 06-16-2013 12:43 PM

Re: 2014 Limited Bluetooth connection problem

Also does anyone's navigation map change colors after sunset? Most other units I know of will change to a less bright color after sunset to reduce glare but mine remains pretty bright.

Hillside 02-13-2014 01:50 PM

Re: 2014 Limited Bluetooth connection problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by dPtQu3 (Post 842725)
Hey guys, new to the forum here.

I'm having a problem with my bluetooth connection that I think is a little different from what I've seen in the other topics so far.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4x4 limited. UConnect 8.4AN

I can connect my bluetooth / Uconnect with my phone (Galaxy S3, Android 4.1.1, AT&T) and play the music from my phone via the media/bluetooth function but it keeps dropping the bluetooth - the bluetooth will disconnect and reconnect a few seconds later. I've yet to experience this happen to me during a call but it seems to happen every 5-10 minutes if I'm playing music or if I just watch the blutooth connection in general. I checked for UConnect updates and there were none, but I also saw that their firmware is set to work with the Android 4.0. Since I have a pretty common phone and all I figured the problem is more than just the firmware issue though since I don't see too many people with the same type of symptom as me.

Anyway, if anyone can help me out with this issue it'd be much appreciated. I put in a ticket with Chrysler and when I call UConnect they tell me that it'll be fixed with a firmware upgrade for UConnect but that's been over a month since they've said that and 4.1 has been out for nearly a year now

I updated the firmware for my vehicle via USB two days ago.

I've seen similar behaviour with mine and my wifes phone too.. Currently I cannot make calls due to audio in both directions being muted. The call does connect. I use an Android phone. Problems started after I connected music via Bluetooth.

TurboRush 02-13-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dPtQu3 (Post 842726)
Also does anyone's navigation map change colors after sunset? Most other units I know of will change to a less bright color after sunset to reduce glare but mine remains pretty bright.

Make sure the brightness isn't turned all the way up. I had a Lexus that didn't dim the nav (like have a tv on in the cabin) and I couldn't figure it out until someone told me to adjust the instrument cluster brightness down (it was on max), after I did that it started swapping to night mode when the lights came on.