Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Plasti Dipped my 14 Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/plasti-dipped-my-14-overland-61555.html)

dbtran 06-16-2013 10:05 PM

Plasti Dipped my 14 Overland
 
3 Attachment(s)
Plasti Dipped all the chrome on my 2014 Overland.

hummer recovery team 06-16-2013 10:13 PM

Looks great

Ike_Keel 06-16-2013 10:41 PM

Wow, front end looks bitchin! Nice work

JFD328 06-16-2013 10:45 PM

How did you do the handle bars and mirror caps???

dbtran 06-16-2013 10:50 PM

Re: Plasti Dipped my 14 Overland
 
Thanks fellas. I just taped both locations very carefully and used an exacto-knife to cut the dip. Some parts up close is not perfect, but the good thing is that its Dip so you can pull off easily and start over.

JFD328 06-16-2013 10:56 PM

If you don't mind, can you PM me a few pictures of your mirrors and door handles up close.

Scottina06 06-16-2013 10:57 PM

Re: Plasti Dipped my 14 Overland
 
wow....looks great! Stormtrooper'ed

dbtran 06-16-2013 11:07 PM

Re: Plasti Dipped my 14 Overland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 842968)
wow....looks great! Stormtrooper'ed


Haha, yeah was thinking "Storm-Trooper" as well. I'll need to take pics with my white 335i and white Ducati 848.

dbtran 06-16-2013 11:08 PM

Re: Plasti Dipped my 14 Overland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JFD328 (Post 842967)
If you don't mind, can you PM me a few pictures of your mirrors and door handles up close.

I will tomorrow. There are spots that are not perfect but i'm fine with it. Rather dipped than all that chrome! haha

davekarn 06-16-2013 11:24 PM

Better question is, how did you do your head and tail lamps? Looks great!

dbtran 06-16-2013 11:28 PM

Re: Plasti Dipped my 14 Overland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by davekarn (Post 842985)
Better question is, how did you do your head and tail lamps? Looks great!

Headlights aren't dipped. The tails I just taped the outside of the chrome parts and sprayed the whole tail. Did 3-4 coats. Waited 30 mins and peeled the excess off the tails. Easy stuff. The taping and cutting (exacto-knife) is where most of the work is done. Sucks cause its like 100 degrees in Houston too. haha

davekarn 06-16-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbtran (Post 842988)

Headlights aren't dipped. The tails I just taped the outside of the chrome parts and sprayed the whole tail. Did 3-4 coats. Waited 30 mins and peeled the excess off the tails. Easy stuff. The taping and cutting (exacto-knife) is where most of the work is done. Sucks cause its like 100 degrees in Houston too. haha

Looks awesome. I was looking to buy SRT head and tail lamps, but when I found out they were $1300 a piece...I backed off a bit


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community