Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Auto A/C on Remote Start - Diag (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/auto-a-c-on-remote-start-diag-61587.html)

Willx 06-17-2013 06:10 PM

Auto A/C on Remote Start - Diag
 
Just wanted to get a little more info on the A/C not "returning" to the "auto" setting after entering from a remote start. I have tested this on 2 vehicles below and both worked but I have some questions.

1. 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/UConnect 8.4AN & 13.15.4 Feb Build

2. 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit w/UConnect 8.4AN & 13.19.0 June Build

As noted both work as I would think, I start with remote starter enter vehicle using Passive entry both vehicles the "auto" button is dimly lit until I press the start button at which time it recalls my settings.

Questions for those who have this issue so I can try and duplicate to a dealer for you:

-are you starting with the app or the remote.
-are you using passive or remote entry
-is the HVAC set to "sync" (both passenger and driver have the same temp)
-have you tried this with a short interval, say 5 minutes.
-is the power off with Engine set to 45 Seconds or a different timing.
-does your remote start cool the vehicle at all when started
-related to the above does it cool to start then stops once you enter (there seems to be two different versions of the issue and I am trying to clarify).

Thanks in advance to anyone who has this issue for detailing the experience. Not gauranteeing anything from this other than maybe to zero in on the issue if it is a setting or software.... BECAUSE I CAN'T BREAK MINE :mad: who thought that would frustrate anyone! :slapfight:

bertball50 06-17-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 843497)
Just wanted to get a little more info on the A/C not "returning" to the "auto" setting after entering from a remote start. I have tested this on 2 vehicles below and both worked but I have some questions.

1. 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited w/UConnect 8.4AN & 13.15.4 Feb Build

2. 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit w/UConnect 8.4AN & 13.19.0 June Build

As noted both work as I would think, I start with remote starter enter vehicle using Passive entry both vehicles the "auto" button is dimly lit until I press the start button at which time it recalls my settings.

Questions for those who have this issue so I can try and duplicate to a dealer for you:

-are you starting with the app or the remote.
-are you using passive or remote entry
-is the HVAC set to "sync" (both passenger and driver have the same temp)
-have you tried this with a short interval, say 5 minutes.
-is the power off with Engine set to 45 Seconds or a different timing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who has this issue for detailing the experience. Not gauranteeing anything from this other than maybe to zero in on the issue if it is a setting or software.... BECAUSE I CAN'T BREAK MINE :mad: who thought that would frustrate anyone! :slapfight:

Wilix, don't know if you're talking about my problem where ac doesn't come on at all with remote start, but if you are then:
-Use the key fob
-both entries
-synced
-short and long interval
-45 seconds
Thanks for trying to help🍻

Willx 06-17-2013 06:30 PM

Re: Auto A/C on Remote Start - Diag
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bertball50 (Post 843511)
Wilix, don't know if you're talking about my problem where ac doesn't come on at all with remote start, but if you are then:
-Use the key fob
-both entries
-synced
-short and long interval
-45 seconds
Thanks for trying to help��

Even if you press the HVAC Auto Button... or do you need to actually restart yours to get control back? or I remember reading that someone HVAC screen (climate) was frozen on Remote start??

Milgrad 06-17-2013 09:11 PM

Re: Auto A/C on Remote Start - Diag
 
No matter what settings my climate control does not turn on either with remote or application. As soon as I press the start button climate control returns to last setting I had.

Milgrad 06-17-2013 09:12 PM

Re: Auto A/C on Remote Start - Diag
 
Btw vehicle was at dealer today to get the radio replaced. I asked them about the remote start and the cited the star case from may 25th and stated a software patch was being worked on.

bill_de 06-17-2013 10:00 PM

Re: Auto A/C on Remote Start - Diag
 
My climate control is always on auto. It works whether I start the Jeep from the fob, or my computer.

I don't know if this would make a difference, but my setting for the vented/heated seats & wheel to come on with remote start is NOT checked.


---

Willx 06-18-2013 05:55 AM

Re: Auto A/C on Remote Start - Diag
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 843665)
My climate control is always on auto. It works whether I start the Jeep from the fob, or my computer.

I don't know if this would make a difference, but my setting for the vented/heated seats & wheel to come on with remote start is NOT checked.


---

See this is a good thing to look at. I wonder if I play with that setting. Not sure how a programming update is supposed to fix something that only happens on some vehicles.... hence I got curious if it was a combo of certain settings that caused the condition.

Evlar 06-21-2013 10:04 AM

Re: Auto A/C on Remote Start - Diag
 
The AC has to work in remote start or this feature is USELESS to me. Mine A/C appears to work for the 15 minutes, but in a lower fan mode.

Willx 06-21-2013 12:51 PM

Re: Auto A/C on Remote Start - Diag
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlar (Post 845771)
The AC has to work in remote start or this feature is USELESS to me. Mine A/C appears to work for the 15 minutes, but in a lower fan mode.


OK you keep posting USELESS everywhere but you aren't giving anyone a full picture of the situation.... You should maybe read all of the forums on this topic. There is a small issue with some of these and it is being worked on.... When did you take delivery of your vehicle???

Evlar 06-21-2013 01:55 PM

Re: Auto A/C on Remote Start - Diag
 
I have looked through the two forums I can find in this, Willix. I am simply making the case that in my scenario the whole point of having the remote start is to leave my dog comfortable when I need to make a quick run into the store. In Florida it gets hot fast.

I did not see anyone comment on this in the two AC forums I found, so I wanted to share my point of view. I am not currently near my vehicle but I believe it is a Feb. 2014 build.

Evlar 06-21-2013 01:58 PM

Re: Auto A/C on Remote Start - Diag
 
And I do believe that my AC runs while on rote start, just on fan speed 1 or 2 and at about 70 degrees. I wish it ran at the speed & temp I had it at when the vehicle was last on.

Willx 06-21-2013 02:01 PM

Re: Auto A/C on Remote Start - Diag
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evlar (Post 845924)
I have looked through the two forums I can find in this, Willix. I am simply making the case that in my scenario the whole point of having the remote start is to leave my dog comfortable when I need to make a quick run into the store. In Florida it gets hot fast.

I did not see anyone comment on this in the two AC forums I found, so I wanted to share my point of view. I am not currently near my vehicle but I believe it is a Feb. 2014 build.


OK, That is a very early build and there has certainly been things identified and corrected since then. I will test a vehicle with a similar build date to yours while running. I will attempt to recreate a situation where you can lock your car and leave it running with your dogs in the car.

There are a lot of very well connected and smart people who have a lot acccess to Chrysler data but posting that what we are discussing is useless without further giving us more information is not helpful to either of us and likely offends the most connected people in this Forum, namely people who work at JNAP building them.... Just my 2 cents but give me a couple of hours and I will check into this for you. If you ask for help someone here usually will be happy to assist.

Also.... What is your UConnect version (under system information in settings)

Thanks,


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community