Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/air-bug-hood-deflector-for-2014-jgc-61590.html)

morfred 06-17-2013 06:37 PM

Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC?
 
Has anyone put one on their Jeep? If so was it oem or aftermarket and how do you like it? I have had them on my last four vehicles and they have saved my hood from chips and nicks from rocks etc. Thanks for any input.

Captain_Kirk 06-17-2013 06:40 PM

Re: Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC?
 
I have the tinted one, got it on J4J: Front Air Deflector - Item # 82212047 & 82212046

I like it.

Axphan 06-17-2013 10:56 PM

Re: Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC?
 
1 Attachment(s)
I have the chrome one for my 2014 Overland. It is not for every color, but it looks great on my white!

AZhiCntry 06-17-2013 11:26 PM

Re: Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC?
 
I put on a clear hood protector by Stampede Auto Accessories. I purchased at autoanything.com for $50 shipped.

morfred 06-18-2013 01:26 PM

Re: Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC?
 
Thanks for the help. My Jeep is dark gray so I guess that I will go with the dark tint. I hate to block out the silver Jeep letters on the hood though.

ChrisOC 06-20-2013 01:47 AM

Re: Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by morfred (Post 844011)
Thanks for the help. My Jeep is dark gray so I guess that I will go with the dark tint. I hate to block out the silver Jeep letters on the hood though.

I saw a black jeep with one a couple months ago and he had a dark bug gaurd and I could still see the letters through it. It may have been a smoked instead of tinted though, I'm not too sure.

4jeepdiesel 06-20-2013 04:34 AM

Re: Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC?
 
I have a smoked one on my red 2010. You can still see the JEEP through the front but obviously not as clear.

I am glad I put it on. I negotiated with the dealer to put it on along with a few other goodies.

SleepyWeasel 06-20-2013 06:14 AM

Re: Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC?
 
We have a black GC, I was going to put a chrome one on it. I think it would go with the chrome door handles. Anyone think it would be too much?

4jeepdiesel 06-20-2013 11:18 AM

Re: Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC?
 
^
If you already had chrome on the front grill I would say do it, but if you don't then I think it would look awkward.
I'm going to adopt your life philosophy if you don't mind. Thanks.

SleepyWeasel 06-20-2013 03:59 PM

Re: Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4jeepdiesel (Post 845220)
^
If you already had chrome on the front grill I would say do it, but if you don't then I think it would look awkward.
I'm going to adopt your life philosophy if you don't mind. Thanks.

Adopt away! It has the chrome trim around the openings in the grill.

peejym 06-20-2013 05:10 PM

Re: Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisOC (Post 845055)
I saw a black jeep with one a couple months ago and he had a dark bug gaurd and I could still see the letters through it. It may have been a smoked instead of tinted though, I'm not too sure.

Smoked.. cant barely see them, you could always try to remove and place them on the deflector. I thought of doing it but I am to lazy these days.

http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3e2bc275.jpg

Jimbo107 06-20-2013 05:18 PM

Re: Air/Bug Hood Deflector For 2014 JGC?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Axphan (Post 843693)
I have the chrome one for my 2014 Overland. It is not for every color, but it looks great on my white!

Thanks for posting the pic. Been debating putting the chrome deflector on my white 2014 Limited but I wasn't sure if I would like the look. Looks great on yours ! Are they an easy install?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community