Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   WK2 catches fire... eek! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/wk2-catches-fire-eek-61615.html)

eibyer 06-18-2013 10:42 AM

WK2 catches fire... eek!

Saw this on the local online news site. I dunno if it was smart to pull into a gas station when your vehicle is on fire. :eek:

3 On Your Side: Woman's Jeep catches on fire | azfamily.com Phoenix

Specx 06-18-2013 11:08 AM

Re: WK2 catches fire... eek!

Crazy this happened the day before the recall deadline Chrysler has been given for older Jeeps.

AAAA 06-18-2013 11:17 AM

Something else to worry about.

metalaxe 06-18-2013 11:27 AM

Uh-oh! I saw this , too. There was another instance of this back in 2011 when I fist got my Overland. I'll have to try and dig up the story. I think something might be up here!

HEMI35 06-18-2013 12:29 PM

it would be another different story if somebody got hurt or dead...

Jeff_H2O 06-18-2013 02:02 PM

That's crazy! But I think that jeep owner is complaining way too much about getting a brand new jeep for free??? I could see if it was a brand new jeep, but it had 24k miles on it. I think the chrysler offer of $1600.00 cash to get her a brand new jeep is more than fair and a great deal. Greedy selfish woman!!!

lysol 06-18-2013 02:06 PM

People think they are entitled to a lot of things. Man, if I was given the offer to start over on a brand new same model level Jeep for only $1600.... pft.. I'd be all over that.

Milous 06-18-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_H2O (Post 844037)
That's crazy! But I think that jeep owner is complaining way too much about getting a brand new jeep for free??? I could see if it was a brand new jeep, but it had 24k miles on it. I think the chrysler offer of $1600.00 cash to get her a brand new jeep is more than fair and a great deal. Greedy selfish woman!!!

The resulting negative publicity is going to cost Jeep a LOT more than $1600.

Jeff_H2O 06-18-2013 02:18 PM

Right, if I could of paid an extra $1600.00 up front on my 2014 so that when I hit 26k miles I could trade it in for a brand new jeep, that'd be a no brainer, sign me up!

That woman expects way to much and needs to appreciate all they are trying to do for her instead of filing compalints to the department of transportation. It's not like they are ignoring her completely. They've already negotiated twice to help satisfy her and she continues to push her greedy-ness.

I hope she snoozes and loses on that deal and gets nothing!

Chunderboy 06-18-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_H2O (Post 844050)
Right, if I could of paid an extra $1600.00 up front on my 2014 so that when I hit 26k miles I could trade it in for a brand new jeep, that'd be a no brainer, sign me up!

That woman expects way to much and needs to appreciate all they are trying to do for her instead of filing compalints to the department of transportation. It's not like they are ignoring her completely. They've already negotiated twice to help satisfy her and she continues to push her greedy-ness.

I hope she snoozes and loses on that deal and gets nothing!

Then give her a new car and make her pay off her other note and apply it to this one. Greedy chick.

And lastly, I would gladly pay 2k for a new 2014.

armoredsaint 06-18-2013 04:59 PM

bad wiring grounding itself?

Willx 06-18-2013 05:10 PM

I see 2 sides of this. Likely Jeep could have taken the vehicle and done a more serous review of the actual cause unless of course the customer prevented that from happening as she does own it. These type of problems do happen from time to time and if it is not faulty workmanship or there is isn't an actual issue with a product there will of course be no recall.

If Jeep thoroughly has inspected this vehicle or does and this is dicovered to be a one off nothing else will happen. The offer they gave her is good but yes Milous is complete correct, this will unsell many Jeeps.

Had a client of a client start a Cadillac SRX in a parking lot at Walmart and the air bag went off. GM did the same type of upgrade, little to no cost and the client was happy. Faulty Sensor, but only one not a production problem.

This is still ugly any way you look at it!

Most imporatantly though is that she was not injured.