Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/)
-   -   ZURRR?? my DVD player was acting up (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f50/zurrr-my-dvd-player-was-acting-up-6162.html)

SRTILL8 02-02-2010 03:04 PM

ZURRR?? my DVD player was acting up

yeah so i was sitting in my whip earlier today and i went to play a dvd- screen is black, and the menu option pops up for a second with the sound of the dvd and goes away. never do i see the dvd video on screen, only sound for a second then off again. i thought, hey its gotta be this old disc. nope a new one did the same thing(tried like 6 other DVD's with the same result..) the funny thing is it plays my CD's well with no delay or problems.

any ideas of this DVD issue?

cheers-

B.P.O.D 02-02-2010 03:13 PM

Re: ZURRR?? my DVD player was acting up

is it a "backup" dvd or store bought

White WK Swagga 02-02-2010 04:25 PM

Um Are you trying to drive and watch a DVD. Unless you install a lockpick for $200. you can only watch DVD's in park. the audio will still play just no video.

B.P.O.D 02-02-2010 04:27 PM

^^^ ct as well, unless you have the mygig w/o nav then you can do the 8.4 hack like i did and watch dvds while you drive:)

SRTILL8 02-02-2010 04:57 PM

no not driving nate, i know u cant drive and watch. friends always complains about not be able to watch while diving, i dont care for it cause i need my eyes on the road. but it would be nice though...wink wink BPOD

first one i tried was a copy of skate video, the others were actual DVD's bought from stores. heard sound come on for second, then no avail...

cheers-

White WK Swagga 02-02-2010 05:00 PM

Sounds like the DVD format is the issue.

Robert Palmer 02-02-2010 05:01 PM

You cant use DVD's in the Mygig w/o a lockpick.

SRTILL8 02-02-2010 05:02 PM

whoa whoa hold up, whats that joe? ive been watching dvds from the burner to the store since the get go- just today it decided not to work...

how can i adjust the dvd format ?

ts funny i never even messed with any of the controls and yet today it decided not to work on me.

B.P.O.D 02-02-2010 05:03 PM

^^^ YES you can:) just has to be in park:)

B.P.O.D 02-02-2010 05:03 PM

joe is wrong bro don't worry, ur truck has to be in park.... did you see if the dvds were scratched up or maybe have some dust on them?

Robert Palmer 02-02-2010 05:04 PM

Hmmm I was told wrong then. I will go watch a DVD tomorrow. LOL

SRTILL8 02-02-2010 05:06 PM

i think ur confused by nate DPOD. never did i mention i was driving. haha

i was in park fellas. not driving...