Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Is it me or most of the problems with the Overlands? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/is-it-me-or-most-of-the-problems-with-the-overlands-61654.html)

Vanguard 06-19-2013 09:29 AM

Is it me or most of the problems with the Overlands?

Not many Limiteds seeing these problems?

Whats up with that? QC control in the overland department? :rolleyes:

husker_fan 06-19-2013 09:32 AM

I doubt they have actual departments, its just an assembly line and they add whatever is needed to each one

marosenb 06-19-2013 09:59 AM

Re: Is it me or most of the problems with the Overlands?

For me, since I have a limited with issues, I see a lot of limiteds with these issues. Maybe it is just our perspective, or bias in what we are looking for.

kirk1233 06-19-2013 10:03 AM

I have a limited with issues...

bertball50 06-19-2013 10:07 AM

I have a summit with issues

bill_de 06-19-2013 10:15 AM

I don't know what the numbers are now, but there was a poll that showed more Overlands were sold to members.

B6770S 06-19-2013 11:00 AM

I have a Limited with problems.

Haven't done a complete tally, but it seems the Limited problems that are posted all have "Luxury II Package". Wondering if the additional electronics have anything to do with it??

ms.annthrope 06-19-2013 11:30 AM

I have an Overland with minor issues...annoying intermittent buzzes and rattle under driver's dash. However, everyting is working at 10,000 miles. I guess I should count my blessings...but for $46,000 why can't they provide teh same level of QC as Lexus????? We're paying the same price....Can't they hirte some QC engineers form Lexus to ensure cars are blemish free?

bertball50 06-19-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.annthrope (Post 844638)
I have an Overland with minor issues...annoying intermittent buzzes and rattle under driver's dash. However, everyting is working at 10,000 miles. I guess I should count my blessings...but for $46,000 why can't they provide teh same level of QC as Lexus????? We're paying the same price....Can't they hirte some QC engineers form Lexus to ensure cars are blemish free?

If your buzz is what others have had, there's a wiring harness or something in the steering column that is the problem and its supposed to be an easy fix for a trchnician

Specx 06-19-2013 12:39 PM

I have an Overland and other than the radio gremlins, haven't had any other issues.

KILOFINAL 06-19-2013 01:43 PM

I'll take a Jeep over a glorified Toyota.

Jakkall 06-19-2013 02:09 PM

I have an Overland with only one issue :) small rattle on the panoroof area on the front pasanger side. Went to service and droped the car for the first oil change and ask them to check that..they didnt hear anything during their test..eh :P
The radio rebooted only once in 4k miles ( i wasnt in the car my wife told me)....and thats it !