Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Need buyer advice! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/need-buyer-advice-61671.html)

WKFish 06-19-2013 04:16 PM

Need buyer advice!

I Am out to purchase a Jeep WK and found this one should I jump on it? It looks like he has done a rear bumper swap for a SRT8 bumper and exhaust which i don't mind because the rear end looks mean.. If you guys think I should try and pick this up what price? or should I stay away because of the miles being 124,000..? Thanks guys!!!

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee AWD

VermontJGC14 06-19-2013 04:34 PM

Re: Need buyer advice!

That seems like a good deal. I would try to feel the owner out and gauge if he/she seems like the type of person who took care of the Jeep, and didn't just thrash it and isn't trying to pass a whipped vehicle off on someone.

Tom19511 06-19-2013 06:05 PM

It says best offer. Try to see the lowest he will go.. It looks cool though.. See if he has receipts of work done. Bring a mechanic friend with you.. Good luck..

CHALLENGERBIZJET 06-19-2013 06:48 PM

124,000???? Incredible.

WKFish 06-19-2013 07:04 PM

So judging by your comments I should be jumping on it right away? Ill call him up and tell him I was to see it right away! How much does a rear bumper srt8 and exhaust swap cost? I think it looks so good! I also have another 2005 jeep I can get for 8K it has 92,000 fully loaded no navigation it's the 4.7L but it stalls and that makes me nervous it stalls at the stop lights and signs...

WKFish 06-20-2013 12:20 PM

Staying clear from this one finally got ahold of the seller and its a rebuilt title (Michigans Orange Title) I still love the cars looks but I can't trust it!

CHALLENGERBIZJET 06-20-2013 06:16 PM

Exactly fish...run as fast and as far away from that vehicle as possible.

WKFish 06-20-2013 09:18 PM

going going GONE!! haha I made a few calls im picking up a 2005 WK 3.7L with 105,000 for 7500$ on saturday Gunmetal gray does anyone have some pictures of one that is all lifted with tires? Im wondering if I still want to put the 07 JK rims and bfgoodrich tires on it and paint the jk's black.. maybe go with the alloy american racing rims?

EtherealPonx 06-21-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKFish (Post 845561)
going going GONE!! haha I made a few calls im picking up a 2005 WK 3.7L with 105,000 for 7500$ on saturday Gunmetal gray does anyone have some pictures of one that is all lifted with tires? Im wondering if I still want to put the 07 JK rims and bfgoodrich tires on it and paint the jk's black.. maybe go with the alloy american racing rims?

Mine is Mineral Grey, and put some black Pro-comp wheels, lifted RC 2" .. have a look in my garage.

WKFish 06-21-2013 08:41 AM

Thank you that looks great!! Mine will be a little darker I'm thinking but I am going to deffinently do the black and follow your look with the matte icons. Debadge the rear besides the 4x4 and Jeep and tint everything.

EtherealPonx 06-21-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKFish (Post 845718)
Thank you that looks great!! Mine will be a little darker I'm thinking but I am going to deffinently do the black and follow your look with the matte icons. Debadge the rear besides the 4x4 and Jeep and tint everything.

Cool, good luck !

I am having a bit of trouble actually painting the exhaust as the paint seemed to have flaked off, I think I need a higher temp rating paint, some industrial paint that is used for painting BBQs or blast furnaces perhaps :lol: ..

Everything was painted except for the door pillars which where vinyl wrapped in matte black. All trim was removed for painting, except for the window trim on the rear cargo area windows as they are glued on, so they where painted whilst on the truck.

post pictures once your done, looking forward to seeing the darker grey project !

WKFish 06-21-2013 09:22 AM

Sounds good will keep it updated I'm excited about it Aswell! I would say for the exhaust look into the BBQ paint although after awhile that even starts to flake off so you will need some tough stuff.. Or maybe just give it a touch up here and there.