Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Another day - another 2k14 Summit issue (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/another-day-another-2k14-summit-issue-61741.html)

jeepman917 06-20-2013 11:34 PM

Another day - another 2k14 Summit issue

Was tinkering in settings today.. When I check off a setting like wipers on with lights -- the check mark appears then in 5 seconds disappears.

Further -- daytime running lamps is unchecked - yet - the leds are on.

Its like the entire menu is not operative...

Another u-connect software issue? I updated to the latest released last weekend.

Saw a thread talking to this - but - not really addressed...

Is this prevalent? Ideas?

Thanks

jp467 06-21-2013 12:30 AM

Re: Another day - another 2k14 Summit issue

I think if you really want to stop the problems quit playing with the system. I have made very few changes to my system, I put a check in a box to have the nav show directions in the center screen and I changed a setting for the heated seat and steering wheel not to come on automatically and that's about it and no real issues. I did also change the door unlock so it just unlocks the drivers door and this seemed to take care of issue I was having where the interior lights were slow to come on sometimes. I have not registered ucconnect because it seems that's where a lot of peoples problems start. I think what has happened in some cases is someone gets their new vehicle and they want to register it and play with this and that and check and then uncheck everything and the next thing you know the system is locked up. I knew this was new to the vehicle and I expected there would be issues that's why I have tread lightly with it and so far so good. I would expect updates to continue to correct the problems.

jeepman917 06-21-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 845628)
I think if you really want to stop the problems quit playing with the system. I have made very few changes to my system, I put a check in a box to have the nav show directions in the center screen and I changed a setting for the heated seat and steering wheel not to come on automatically and that's about it and no real issues. I did also change the door unlock so it just unlocks the drivers door and this seemed to take care of issue I was having where the interior lights were slow to come on sometimes. I have not registered ucconnect because it seems that's where a lot of peoples problems start. I think what has happened in some cases is someone gets their new vehicle and they want to register it and play with this and that and check and then uncheck everything and the next thing you know the system is locked up. I knew this was new to the vehicle and I expected there would be issues that's why I have tread lightly with it and so far so good. I would expect updates to continue to correct the problems.

Cant say I disagree - new vehicle - will have issues - however - only reason why I was in there was to get the key fobs paired with driver 1,2 - and ther eis an option there - and thats when I noticed that its not working. I can deal with it not working for reasons you say - just want to know if others are having the same problem (sounds like you may have some of it too) - and if anyone fixed. At the end of the day - after paying as much as we did for these vehicles - they will work and I will get satisfaction - just depends on how much time I wait to go after Jeep. The insight on this board has been tremendously helpful - knowing others have the same problem lets me live with the issue a bit longer and accept it will be fixed and to hang out with it...

Willx 06-21-2013 06:45 AM

I don't think you will need to worry much about going after Jeep. The software updates are progressing fairly quickly.

As for the daytime running lights, for some regions it cannot be disabled. This may change in that screen with an update, just an FYI

jeepman917 06-21-2013 12:06 PM

thanks re running lamps... AS for teh settings - its any setting i shoose - goes away in seconds...

Willx 06-21-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepman917 (Post 845835)
thanks re running lamps... AS for teh settings - its any setting i shoose - goes away in seconds...

There is some changes to these features in 13.19.0..... just tried that one and the lights with wipers works properly. There was no ability to turn off the day time running lights on my test Summit today

jeepman917 06-21-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 845837)
There is some changes to these features in 13.19.0..... just tried that one and the lights with wipers works properly. There was no ability to turn off the day time running lights on my test Summit today

im running 15 -- is 19 released?

jeepman917 06-21-2013 12:14 PM

and wills - thank you for testing!!! Appreciated!

Willx 06-21-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepman917 (Post 845841)
and wills - thank you for testing!!! Appreciated!

19 appears to be in production only at this time. I don't know when they will release this one but there is still a few changes to go.

.15 is very stable. If there is problems with .15 they have been mainly with HVAC control which appears to be a module update not a UConnect update.

jeepman917 06-21-2013 12:43 PM

thanks Willx - appreciated!

BobsWK2 06-21-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 845854)
19 appears to be in production only at this time. I don't know when they will release this one but there is still a few changes to go.

.15 is very stable. If there is problems with .15 they have been mainly with HVAC control which appears to be a module update not a UConnect update.

I have the latest .15 on my Summit since everyone said it was so much better and today I noticed that the radio sounded awful. I checked the equalizer settings and they all were set to the middle positions. I normally keep the treble near the top, the midrange near the top and the bass plus 2-3. I also noticed that a lot of the other Uconnect settings changed. And the voice recognition is terrible.

I know for a fact everything worked better in my WK2 with the original 13.05.03 that came with my 3/13 built Summit. I wish I could go back. Now as others are getting the dash lighting up like a christmas tree, I'm sure it will happen to my Summit soon.

Willx 06-21-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobsWK2 (Post 846123)

I have the latest .15 on my Summit since everyone said it was so much better and today I noticed that the radio sounded awful. I checked the equalizer settings and they all were set to the middle positions. I normally keep the treble near the top, the midrange near the top and the bass plus 2-3. I also noticed that a lot of the other Uconnect settings changed. And the voice recognition is terrible.

I know for a fact everything worked better in my WK2 with the original 13.05.03 that came with my 3/13 built Summit. I wish I could go back. Now as others are getting the dash lighting up like a christmas tree, I'm sure it will happen to my Summit soon.

That isn't the problem..... mess with you volume control.... like tap on the knob lightly and spin it around when the radio is off. There is a couple of issues with the contactor on the volume knob.

Trust me it is not the 13.15.4, I have done some serious messing with that software.