Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   MY14 length of production (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/my14-length-of-production-61743.html)

wsoldier 06-21-2013 12:28 AM

MY14 length of production
 
With the shortened 2013 model year shortened, does that mean 2014 is going to be extremely long or will the 2015 come out in Q1 2014. I'm basically curious when they'll stop producing them and/or taking orders for 2014, and make way for 2015.

Thanks!

Scottina06 06-21-2013 01:43 AM

Re: MY14 length of production
 
14' will definitely be an extended model year. It will run the rest of 13' MY and then the total 14' MY. I would say you can expect 15's on lots in sept 14'...as usual

Milous 06-21-2013 02:31 AM

Re: MY14 length of production
 
^^ Correct. Scheduled buildout for the 2014 models is July 5th, 2014.

jimoverland 06-21-2013 03:49 AM

Re: MY14 length of production
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 845654)
^^ Correct. Scheduled buildout for the 2014 models is July 5th, 2014.

Any idea of what changes will be in store for the 2015 MY?

Milous 06-22-2013 02:20 AM

Re: MY14 length of production
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jimoverland (Post 845666)
Any idea of what changes will be in store for the 2015 MY?

It'll be awhile before and changes can be confirmed as production wont start for another 13 months. Since 2014 was a major refresh I would expect minimal changes. It's *possible* that the Hemi models may receive a bump in HP, but only speculation so far. I'll be starting a 2015 thread, but not until later this year when more solid information becomes available.

jimoverland 06-22-2013 10:44 AM

Re: MY14 length of production
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 846267)
It'll be awhile before and changes can be confirmed as production wont start for another 13 months. Since 2014 was a major refresh I would expect minimal changes. It's *possible* that the Hemi models may receive a bump in HP, but only speculation so far. I'll be starting a 2015 thread, but not until later this year when more solid information becomes available.

Makes sense...thanks, Milous.

padgett 06-23-2013 09:29 AM

Re: MY14 length of production
 
I suspect that in '15 you will be able to get a diesel in a Laredo. Of course a lot depends on what happens to GC sales when the Cherokee comes out in Sept. Do expect a 3 seat Wagoneer version to replace the Dodge Durango which is nearing EOL.

So you have to look at the whole CJF lineup to see the WK2 in the proper context.

Another issue may be a result of the EPA change back in '11 where 2WD versions lost Light Truck status. If the gas guzzler tax applies then there will be changes. Doubt that many (maybe fleets) would pay more for a 2WD than 4.

Other than that look for an increase in the use of LED lighing since it significantly drops the electrical power requirements.

Just some thoughts.

KILOFINAL 06-23-2013 11:20 AM

Re: MY14 length of production
 
Great! A Grand Wagoneer.....wood paneling?????? lol




Quote:

Originally Posted by padgett (Post 846822)
I suspect that in '15 you will be able to get a diesel in a Laredo. Of course a lot depends on what happens to GC sales when the Cherokee comes out in Sept. Do expect a 3 seat Wagoneer version to replace the Dodge Durango which is nearing EOL.

So you have to look at the whole CJF lineup to see the WK2 in the proper context.

Another issue may be a result of the EPA change back in '11 where 2WD versions lost Light Truck status. If the gas guzzler tax applies then there will be changes. Doubt that many (maybe fleets) would pay more for a 2WD than 4.

Other than that look for an increase in the use of LED lighing since it significantly drops the electrical power requirements.

Just some thoughts.


KILOFINAL 06-23-2013 11:22 AM

Re: MY14 length of production
 
It will be interesting to see if the Cherokee takes any sales away from the GC, especially up here in canada where the Laredo prices are much higher. The Cherokee is priced very agressively up here.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community