Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   I.C.E turtle wax car wash soap stripping wax? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/i-c-e-turtle-wax-car-wash-soap-stripping-wax-61753.html)

Darth Vapor SRT 06-21-2013 09:49 AM

I.C.E turtle wax car wash soap stripping wax?

I have been using the concentrated form of this car wash soap for a few weeks. Whenever I get done washing the car it feels like it is taking the wax off my paint. Instead of the paint feeling smooth so I can run my hand across it, it feels like a car with no wax on it. Has anyone else had similar results or know if this is taking the wax off my car?

bill_de 06-21-2013 09:51 AM

Re: I.C.E turtle wax car wash soap stripping wax?

If you use it diluted properly it won't take wax off.

What kind of wax did you use?

---

Darth Vapor SRT 06-21-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 845758)
If you use it diluted properly it won't take wax off.

What kind of wax did you use?

---

I use meguires carnuba wax and Zymol as well.

Maybe im putting too much of the soap in and not taking into account that it is concentrated.

Artofnoize 06-21-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximumSteel13 (Post 845761)

I use meguires carnuba wax and Zymol as well.

Maybe im putting too much of the soap in and not taking into account that it is concentrated.

Most of the concentrated soaps are strong enough to strip waxes if you do not dilute it properly. Chemical guys citrus cleaner is the same way, but it tells you that right on the container.

Darth Vapor SRT 06-21-2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artofnoize (Post 845766)
Most of the concentrated soaps are strong enough to strip waxes if you do not dilute it properly. Chemical guys citrus cleaner is the same way, but it tells you that right on the container.

I guess you have to be smarter than the soap in order to use it :eek:

I tend to have issues reading and following directions haha

Artofnoize 06-21-2013 10:28 AM

Haha. I hear ya. Try to avoid the urge to dump it in instead of measuring it out. :D

HAMMMERHEAD 06-24-2013 11:44 AM

You can tell how hot soap is on how long it holds it suds in the bucket. Imo, your suds should be 50% gone by the time you are half done with the wash.
If you are using the old school Zymol, they put on their label to wash you car with water only. And it still doesnt last that long. I dont use waxes anymore, they just dont last long enough here down south in the heat.

Use this and you dont have to worry.
Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo & Conditioner 64 oz. - A moisturizing car wash & conditioning soap to lubricate and clean your vehicle.