Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Hennessey intake (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/hennessey-intake-61766.html)

Darth Vapor SRT 06-21-2013 03:06 PM

Hennessey intake
 
I've been looking at some other threads but who has one and are you happy with it? Throaty sound? I know Hennessey claims 11HP gain but we all know how that goes. Any affect on MPG?

Also, is it a CAI or just forced induction? $395 on Hennessey website I guess doesn't seem too bad.

m5biemer 06-21-2013 03:12 PM

Re: Hennessey intake
 
Have had one on the Wife's SRT8 for about 6 months, previously on mine for 5 months til I traded. Happy with it, good sound, nice fit and finish. CAI only, not forced induction. $395 is a bit steep but there were limited options when I purchased it.

Darth Vapor SRT 06-21-2013 03:37 PM

Re: Hennessey intake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by m5biemer (Post 845953)
Have had one on the Wife's SRT8 for about 6 months, previously on mine for 5 months til I traded. Happy with it, good sound, nice fit and finish. CAI only, not forced induction. $395 is a bit steep but there were limited options when I purchased it.


So seeing as how there are mutliple options now, would you recommend a different one?

m5biemer 06-21-2013 03:39 PM

Re: Hennessey intake
 
Honestly, I couldn't say as I have not kept up with the Jeep stuff since last November when I traded for the CTS-V.

forza 06-21-2013 04:23 PM

Re: Hennessey intake
 
I've been happy with mine. Made a big difference in throttle response. I think it's more about the look between the different CAI's. The HPE is easy to install and look's nice in my opinion. I have not seen any thread's or data saying that any(that includes the Bwoody) CAI make any more HP than another. Of course I won't be using mine anymore. Due to being supercharged!:D

Darth Vapor SRT 06-21-2013 06:24 PM

Re: Hennessey intake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by forza (Post 845990)
I've been happy with mine. Made a big difference in throttle response. I think it's more about the look between the different CAI's. The HPE is easy to install and look's nice in my opinion. I have not seen any thread's or data saying that any(that includes the Bwoody) CAI make any more HP than another. Of course I won't be using mine anymore. Due to being supercharged!:D

Sick sick sick......annnnnnnndddd SICK

Scottina06 06-21-2013 06:34 PM

Re: Hennessey intake
 
I have the hennessey and I feel the same as above. Truly...if I had to pick Id have the bwoody...1 becuase it looks cool. I just dont wanna lose and relocate my washer tank.

Dguth 06-21-2013 06:45 PM

I have the Hennessey but am switching it out for the Injen intake. It's the only one that at least has a heat shield. Now that you can see the intake temps using the SRT pages with the 2014, you can directly see how much hot air it's sucking in, usually about 30 degrees above ambient.

Waiting for the Injen to arrive any day now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Jbd2016 06-22-2013 02:55 PM

Re: Hennessey intake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dguth (Post 846066)
I have the Hennessey but am switching it out for the Injen intake. It's the only one that at least has a heat shield. Now that you can see the intake temps using the SRT pages with the 2014, you can directly see how much hot air it's sucking in, usually about 30 degrees above ambient.

Waiting for the Injen to arrive any day now. I'll let you know how it goes.

I just installed the Hennessey last weekend and so far I am not too impressed with the air intake temp. I took my SRT to the track last night and ran some of my worst times since I have owned it. The heat and humidity was pretty bad so I can't completely blame the new intake but it seems like I had better times with the stock intake under similar conditions. I may go out again next weekend and make a few passes with each intake to get a better comparison.

I definitely like the looks and the sound though. I am interested to hear what your thoughts are on the Injen and whether or not the heat shield makes much of a difference.

Darth Vapor SRT 06-22-2013 06:12 PM

Re: Hennessey intake
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 846054)
I have the hennessey and I feel the same as above. Truly...if I had to pick Id have the bwoody...1 becuase it looks cool. I just dont wanna lose and relocate my washer tank.


Would you go with the 4" "TRUE ram air" or the Velocity plus short ram intake from bwoody? Wondering if the extra $150 is worth it for the 4"

Artofnoize 06-22-2013 07:53 PM

Scott is correct. You will relocate the washer bottle and lose some functionality of the washers, plus the new bottle is only about a quart. I was able to splice the rear hose in and still retain the rear washers. You will for sure lose the headlamp washers though.
I like how the BWoody goes down behind the left front wheel liner though. I'm not sure that there is another CAI that routes down that far. And it is bad ass looking :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community