Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Bwoody 4"CAI vs Borla Atak (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/bwoody-4-cai-vs-borla-atak-61786.html)

Darth Vapor SRT 06-21-2013 09:24 PM

Bwoody 4"CAI vs Borla Atak

trying to decide which one Im going to do first. Car is bone stock. Which would make the biggest difference? I guess I should probably do the exhaust first since its more expensive. Can I expect to get the atak for $600 or less?

phillysrt 06-21-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximumSteel13 (Post 846170)
trying to decide which one Im going to do first. Car is bone stock. Which would make the biggest difference? I guess I should probably do the exhaust first since its more expensive. Can I expect to get the atak for $600 or less?

Maryland speed has it for 681 I believe and that's the cheapest I found it. I will tell you one thing. Wasn't totally thrown off by the sound of the atak. Wasn't what I was expecting. Expecting a wk1 Borla atak. Haha well I was way off cause the atak for the wk2 is just a axle back. Wk1 is a cat back. Huge difference

Artofnoize 06-21-2013 11:59 PM

Amazon has it for $641. If you're a prime member you can get one day shipping for $15.99

Saudi.SRT8 06-22-2013 06:55 AM

does any body know the shipping weight of
1- borla ATAK
2- Bewoody CAI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Darth Vapor SRT 06-22-2013 06:26 PM

Re: Bwoody 4"CAI vs Borla Atak

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 846231)
Maryland speed has it for 681 I believe and that's the cheapest I found it. I will tell you one thing. Wasn't totally thrown off by the sound of the atak. Wasn't what I was expecting. Expecting a wk1 Borla atak. Haha well I was way off cause the atak for the wk2 is just a axle back. Wk1 is a cat back. Huge difference

Thrown off as in the sound wasn't what you expected or thrown off at the size of the actual system?

Artofnoize 06-22-2013 07:45 PM

I like the way the borla isn't aggressive sounding unless under a decent amount of acceleration. Looks great from the rear too!

acme20000 06-23-2013 12:40 AM

Borla about 30 lbs plus or minus

Darth Vapor SRT 06-24-2013 09:25 PM

I think I am pulling the trigger on the 4" Bwoody cai. Everything I've read, and I've read a lot, has it come down to volant and bwoody with most people saying bwoody gives the best gains. PLus it looks sweeeetttt. Didn't realize by NOT ordering a washer fluid tank you save $65 bucks. Who needs a washer tank?!

Darth Vapor SRT 06-24-2013 09:35 PM

Can't make my mind up. Now thinking Volant Powercore. Can get it for like $150 cheaper. Someone help me decide! Don't care about looks. Just sound and gains.

A.V.GCSRT8 06-24-2013 10:10 PM

Volant doesn't make an intake yet for the 6.4 yet do they? I don't run a washer bottle on my jeep, don't ever use the windshield washer so I didn't see the point and saved the money. You will have a low washer fluid light pop up on the dash though so you will need to jump the the 2 prongs on the washer fluid level sensor together with a wire to get the light to shut off. I'd get the intake before the exhaust

august77 06-25-2013 02:08 AM

Planning to get the Borla S-Type and Injen PF Series Power-Flow Intake System (Wrinkled Black) when the car arrives...

Darth Vapor SRT 06-25-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.V.GCSRT8 (Post 847641)
Volant doesn't make an intake yet for the 6.4 yet do they? I don't run a washer bottle on my jeep, don't ever use the windshield washer so I didn't see the point and saved the money. You will have a low washer fluid light pop up on the dash though so you will need to jump the the 2 prongs on the washer fluid level sensor together with a wire to get the light to shut off. I'd get the intake before the exhaust

I found a few on eBay that says they will fit the 6.4L. Maybe not. I will confirm and get back to you.