Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/)
-   -   2014 Overland Wheel Corrosion? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f109/2014-overland-wheel-corrosion-61863.html)

TheSiltSurfer 06-23-2013 06:05 PM

2014 Overland Wheel Corrosion?

3 Attachment(s)
I've had this jeep for two weeks now and just noticed this corrosion on my rear drivers side wheel? Any chance this is covered by warranty? Thanks guys

bill_de 06-23-2013 06:48 PM

Re: 2014 Overland Wheel Corrosion?

I would hope that if you got it back to the dealer asap they should be able to get you a replacement.

AZhiCntry 06-23-2013 06:51 PM

That doesn't look like corrosion to me. Looks like the wheel wasn't properly cleaned and buffed before clear coating. It looks like a defect. What ever the cause, it should be covered by warranty and replaced by your dealer.

TheSiltSurfer 06-23-2013 07:14 PM

Thanks guys I will definitely have the dealer look at it this week! Shouldn't look like this for sure.

TheSiltSurfer 06-26-2013 07:32 PM

Update went to the dealer today and they okd the issue and ordered me a new wheel +) Thumbs up

2014GC 07-05-2013 08:02 PM

I posted this on another thread. The wheels are from China and mine look really bad in the sunlight. The machining on the face is not even. Not only do you see swirl marks but two look like they have been repaired. All this is under the clear coat. The painted portion looks good. But for a premium wheel they look really bad! Several people posted they did not see what I was seeing in the finish,but you need to look closely. They look like seconds. While the Jeep was in service this week I looked at about 30 that were on the lot and just about all of them looked the same as mine. So you non believers need to look closely,The 20" premium wheel looks and is substandard. As soon as I get the electronics sorted out on my 14 I'm going to address the appearance of the wheels.
One good thing about a Jeep is, if one does it they all do it.

Jeep_addicted 07-08-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2014GC (Post 853460)
I posted this on another thread. The wheels are from China and mine look really bad in the sunlight. The machining on the face is not even. Not only do you see swirl marks but two look like they have been repaired. All this is under the clear coat. The painted portion looks good. But for a premium wheel they look really bad! Several people posted they did not see what I was seeing in the finish,but you need to look closely. They look like seconds. While the Jeep was in service this week I looked at about 30 that were on the lot and just about all of them looked the same as mine. So you non believers need to look closely,The 20" premium wheel looks and is substandard. As soon as I get the electronics sorted out on my 14 I'm going to address the appearance of the wheels.
One good thing about a Jeep is, if one does it they all do it.

I thought the 2011-2013 Overland Wheels where made in Korea.

I thought the 2014 - Overland wheels were made in the USA.

Are some of the 2014 Overland wheels stamped china on the back?

not_too_shabby 07-08-2013 06:07 PM

I have cleaned and waxes my overland 20s and they look perfect.

TheSiltSurfer 07-08-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_too_shabby (Post 854822)
I have cleaned and waxes my overland 20s and they look perfect.

They can't all be winners,but should be lol I'm still waiting on my replacment, even though I will probably just plasti them thereafter hah +)