Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Pricing on Max Care Unlimited warranty? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/pricing-on-max-care-unlimited-warranty-61872.html)

chevygurlie 06-23-2013 11:49 PM

Pricing on Max Care Unlimited warranty?

After a bit of research the Max care unlimited warranty really seems like a great idea. The primary reason we ever trade in or buy a new vehicle is the looming threat of having to spend money on expensive out of warranty repairs.

Just curious where the cheapest place to get one would be?

h2obuff 06-24-2013 12:11 AM

Re: Pricing on Max Care Unlimited warranty?

For the lifetime max care on a '14 GC with 4x4, the dealer cost is $1885. I got mine for $2,000.

bill_de 06-24-2013 05:40 AM

Use Google. There are several dealers selling on the internet. Just be sure you are getting the Chrysler, not a third party, warranty, if that is what you want. Once you get a price you can either buy through the internet as I did, or bring that price to your dealer to see if they will match it.

chevygurlie 06-24-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h2obuff (Post 847179)
For the lifetime max care on a '14 GC with 4x4, the dealer cost is $1885. I got mine for $2,000.

Do you have a deductible? If so, how much? I just can't find anything anywhere close to the price you paid.

Jim_in_PA 06-24-2013 08:29 AM

I paid $2180 for my lifetime Max Care service contract from an online Chrysler dealer. (It's not a "warranty"...) That was about the lowest available at the time.

markp99 06-24-2013 09:00 AM

My dealer matched the online price without the slightest quibble.

AZhiCntry 06-24-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevygurlie (Post 847283)
Do you have a deductible? If so, how much? I just can't find anything anywhere close to the price you paid.

Try chryslerwarrantys.com

Get a quote. Don't act on it right away. In about 1-2 wks they will send you a discount code good for $207 off the original quote.
I got a quote 5-wks ago and I get emailed a discount code about once per wk.

Lankness 06-24-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markp99 (Post 847292)
My dealer matched the online price without the slightest quibble.

Ditto.

And, just for consideration... We went with the 7yr/100k mile Max Care contract. Our reasoning is that this one is transferable, whereas the lifetime is NOT.

torifile 06-24-2013 03:42 PM

Is any portion of either refundable? I ask because I am currently leasing though I might buy the car after the lease is over if all is well with the truck. But I don't want to wait too long to get the max care because costs go up after the first year.

newtoncd8 06-24-2013 08:02 PM

If you get the lifetime, and depending upon when you cancel the plan, you are able to receive a full or pro-rata refund.

padgett 06-24-2013 09:10 PM

Whether the lifetime is trasferable depends on what state you are in. Florida appears to be one in which it is.

Are several deductables, I chose the $100 and bought lifetime added care + instead of maxcare. My reasoning was that the savings paid for the service manual several times over & small repairs can be done for less than a benjamin.

ps asked my dealer if they would match and they wouldn't.

h2obuff 06-25-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevygurlie (Post 847283)

I just had my dealer show me the actual cost (max care, lifetime, $100 deductible) and we agreed on a fair profit for him and a good price fore me, $2000.