Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Got any lower? Quadralift ove ride (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/got-any-lower-quadralift-ove-ride-61925.html)

simmo32 06-25-2013 02:23 AM

Got any lower? Quadralift ove ride

1 Attachment(s)
Hi all
I'm still in the middle of it, but developing a quadra lift over ride kit, so that you can have extra pre set heights.
This is as low as I have got it so far, 25ish mm from tyre to guard. Will soon hopefully have guard tuck tyre soon, just a little more refining to do.

Cheers
Ben

geox19 06-25-2013 07:39 AM

Damn cool keep us updated plz

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

simmo32 06-27-2013 06:06 AM

Will do, have hit a bit of a snag. I can get the front to goto approx 25mm gap but rear wont move. I think it might have something to do with the air tank / reservoir being full.
Has anyone got any schematics on the air system or any detailed information?

simmo32 07-15-2013 10:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the lowest I can get at present. Approx 20mm gap in front and 60mm in rear. It is like this as the bottom sill is level / flat.

suzieque 07-15-2013 10:56 PM

Re: Got any lower? Quadralift ove ride

Nice work!

geox19 07-16-2013 12:04 AM

Are you going to post how you did this?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

simmo32 07-16-2013 12:22 AM

Can't post how I did it. But kits will be available for sale once finalised

Cheers

Josephr 08-05-2013 06:32 PM

Simmo32,

Do I understand correctly that you have figured out a way to lower the air suspension lower than normal. Does it stay there while you are driving or only in park mode?

If it is while driving, is your kit a mod to the suspension or some sort of programming of the computer?

Would like to hear how you go,

Thank you......JosephR

Quote:

Originally Posted by simmo32 (Post 859009)
Can't post how I did it. But kits will be available for sale once finalised

Cheers

jeffreybehr 08-05-2013 07:07 PM

I'm interested. :D

simmo32 08-05-2013 11:26 PM

The modification will allow you to lower the vehicle passed park mode. I am still finalising the heights as the lowest I can get at the moment is 25mm in front and 70mm on rear from tyre to guard. I want to even this out more if I can.
Once finalised ill have it setup so that you can drive at the height also (at your own risk), it will be a very firm ride.

JustinS 08-05-2013 11:37 PM

Awesome mate, keep us posted!
Recently ordered the '14 GC Limited with Quadra Lift, delivery in Oct.
:thumbsup:

Josephr 08-06-2013 06:21 PM

Simmo,

It is good to hear that you are not far from a solution that you can share with the rest of the forum, look forward to hearing about or seeing it.

Interested in your comments that at the lower ride height the ride quality will be very firm, is there no way to just lower the body and keep the same ride feel as it is at the standard height?

I know that the lower ride height is intended for street use, but it would be good to still have some comfort at the lower height and I would imagine you need to ensure that the body does not touch or bottom out some how.

Maybe someone has some ideas.

Looking forward to you next posts........Regards, JosephR

Quote:

Originally Posted by simmo32 (Post 870415)
The modification will allow you to lower the vehicle passed park mode. I am still finalising the heights as the lowest I can get at the moment is 25mm in front and 70mm on rear from tyre to guard. I want to even this out more if I can.
Once finalised ill have it setup so that you can drive at the height also (at your own risk), it will be a very firm ride.