Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   New Overland Owner (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/new-overland-owner-61992.html)

mceb 06-26-2013 01:36 PM

New Overland Owner
 
I picked it up last night, 2 words LOVE IT.

Keep in mind I was coming from an 2006 V6 pickup which was didn't have much in way of options so the Overland is a world of difference for me :) Like driving down the road in a media center lounge chair :thumbsup: Suspension is so smooth, just floats over the road. Puts me in a good mood just cruising in the slow lane to work this morning :) Got tons of manual reading to do. Salesman got me going on basic stuff.

Everyone was right on the brown/indigo interior, already loving that...very classy. It was definitely time to go darker inside for me.

One quick silly thing someone might help me with, is there a way to remove the rear cargo shade thing? Tugged on it few times this morning but couldn't find the magic release.

Off to look at some options on all weather mats for floors and cargo area. Already ordered Thule bars and stuff for the kayak.

chukeer 06-26-2013 01:41 PM

Re: New Overland Owner
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mceb (Post 848581)

One quick silly thing someone might help me with, is there a way to remove the rear cargo shade thing? Tugged on it few times this morning but couldn't find the magic release.

Grab one end and push towards the other end. It will compress allowing you to slide one side up and out, and then the other.

Same concept as a tension rod.

ms.annthrope 06-26-2013 01:42 PM

Re: New Overland Owner
 
Great that you're enjoying your new Grand. They sure are nice, aren't they? Jeep has aimed for the Audi/MB/Toureg/Range Rover market and from all the current WK2 Grands I see on the road, they hit a home run.

As for the rear cargo cover, you need to pull the end (either end will work) towards to other end to shorten it so it comes out of its receptacle. You may need to grip it firmly around the end cap to get it going. It will come out once the spring pushes inward.

Youngneg 06-26-2013 01:56 PM

Re: New Overland Owner
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mceb (Post 848581)
I picked it up last night, 2 words LOVE IT.

Keep in mind I was coming from an 2006 V6 pickup which was didn't have much in way of options so the Overland is a world of difference for me :) Like driving down the road in a media center lounge chair :thumbsup: Suspension is so smooth, just floats over the road. Puts me in a good mood just cruising in the slow lane to work this morning :) Got tons of manual reading to do. Salesman got me going on basic stuff.

Everyone was right on the brown/indigo interior, already loving that...very classy. It was definitely time to go darker inside for me.

One quick silly thing someone might help me with, is there a way to remove the rear cargo shade thing? Tugged on it few times this morning but couldn't find the magic release.

Off to look at some options on all weather mats for floors and cargo area. Already ordered Thule bars and stuff for the kayak.

Congrats my friend, you have a BADa$$ Jeep overland..... it`s amazing !! take it slow ...lol and enjoy

mceb 06-26-2013 02:32 PM

Re: New Overland Owner
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ms.annthrope (Post 848586)
Great that you're enjoying your new Grand. They sure are nice, aren't they? Jeep has aimed for the Audi/MB/Toureg/Range Rover market and from all the current WK2 Grands I see on the road, they hit a home run.

As for the rear cargo cover, you need to pull the end (either end will work) towards to other end to shorten it so it comes out of its receptacle. You may need to grip it firmly around the end cap to get it going. It will come out once the spring pushes inward.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chukeer (Post 848584)
Grab one end and push towards the other end. It will compress allowing you to slide one side up and out, and then the other.

Same concept as a tension rod.

Cool, thanks :thumbsup:

Agree this definitely feels, drives & looks like an upscale vehicle

Sleestak 06-26-2013 02:34 PM

Re: New Overland Owner
 
The indigo blue interior is bad ass with the white! I have it with the black but prefer it with the white anyway. Great contrast!

nachojeep 06-26-2013 02:42 PM

Re: New Overland Owner
 
yea, let me know when you start having problems with the UCONNECT interface like so many of us are.. sorry to burst the positives

Willx 06-26-2013 03:08 PM

Re: New Overland Owner
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by nachojeep (Post 848613)
yea, let me know when you start having problems with the UCONNECT interface like so many of us are.. sorry to burst the positives


Don't mind him mceb, you know I am here to help!! :cool:

btw SWWWEEEETT Ride Man!

AJB-830 06-26-2013 10:32 PM

Re: New Overland Owner
 
Great choice on your color combination. I too have a white Overland with Indigo Blue on order. Al

mstordahl 06-27-2013 08:14 PM

Re: New Overland Owner
 
I love mine more and more every time I get in it...

bill_de 06-27-2013 08:48 PM

Re: New Overland Owner
 
I went with the Overland in part for that interior. If my last 2 weren't white I'd have the same as you.

Congratulations, and enjoy the ride.


---

crabman 06-27-2013 10:28 PM

Re: New Overland Owner
 
If I could get the HK stereo I would go overland with this color combo in and out. Enjoy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community