Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Full Screen NAV Map on 8.4AN Radio? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/full-screen-nav-map-on-8-4an-radio-61999.html)

bobkbusch 06-26-2013 03:12 PM

Full Screen NAV Map on 8.4AN Radio?

I've had my 2014 Limited for about a week (Chrysler bought back my 2011 Overland...another story) and for the most part, I really like it!

My wife did a test drive a few months ago without me and swears she had the NAV Map in full-screen at one point, no "soft-buttons" on the bottom.

Neither of us has been able to get the map to full screen on my vehicle. Tried searching this site and others, as well as the manual, but found no reference on how to do this.

Seems like a waste of a big screen if I can't expand the map.

I would not be surprised if I'm missing a large obvious "EXPAND MAP" button, but so far, I haven't had any luck.

Anyone know if this is possible?

studio1930 06-26-2013 03:17 PM

Re: Full Screen NAV Map on 8.4AN Radio?

I have also seen my 2014 8.4" map in full screen and I can't figure out how to get that back either. Maybe it was when I was routing to something off of a search or something. Would like to see it full screen.

LSU_FAN 06-26-2013 07:27 PM

If you press the map button in the radio screen it will be small but if you go into the nav screen and select view map it's full screen

bill_de 06-26-2013 07:34 PM

I brought this up a long time ago. I was told that the soft buttons will always be there. I was pissed after all the hype about the 8.4" screen. If they are going with a 6" map, then give me a 6" screen and real buttons under it.

My MDX had an 8.4" map that was useful as a map.

---

Willx 06-26-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 848794)
I brought this up a long time ago. I was told that the soft buttons will always be there. I was pissed after all the hype about the 8.4" screen. If they are going with a 6" map, then give me a 6" screen and real buttons under it.

My MDX had an 8.4" map that was useful as a map.

---

This can likely be added in the future. Not sure if I can find out more about this but I agree, a button hide function is a good idea due to the dedundant knobs.

bobkbusch 06-26-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSU_FAN (Post 848786)
If you press the map button in the radio screen it will be small but if you go into the nav screen and select view map it's full screen

Not on mine. If I'm in Radio and press the Map icon, I get a small map. If I go to the Nav screen and press the "View Map" button, I get the larger map, but it still isn't full screen. The "soft-touch" buttons still take up the bottom 25% (or so) of the screen.

LSU_FAN 06-26-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobkbusch (Post 848816)
Not on mine. If I'm in Radio and press the Map icon, I get a small map. If I go to the Nav screen and press the "View Map" button, I get the larger map, but it still isn't full screen. The "soft-touch" buttons still take up the bottom 25% (or so) of the screen.

Mine is the same, i consider it full screen.

tkoui 06-26-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobkbusch (Post 848634)
My wife did a test drive a few months ago without me and swears she had the NAV Map in full-screen at one point, no "soft-buttons"...
Anyone know if this is possible?

She may have been looking at the "Junction" screen when passing said junction. It does not seen to work in smaller towns only larger cities/towns.

http://m.autoblog.com/2013/01/07/chr...-new-infotain/

studio1930 06-27-2013 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LSU_FAN (Post 848890)
Mine is the same, i consider it full screen.

Technically, that is not full screen. Full screen means just what it says. It takes up the full screen. Hit F11 on most Internet browsers to see true full screen. Jeep should have the same option.

Willx 06-27-2013 07:38 AM

Yes, as mentioned in theory this could be added at later date

bobkbusch 06-27-2013 08:22 AM

Ok, it appears that a "full screen" NAV Map is currently not available.

Now, how do I tell my wife she was wrong? :D

AAAA 06-27-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobkbusch (Post 849067)

Now, how do I tell my wife she was wrong? :D

Tell her it was a dream. :sleepy: