Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Window Tint

12K views 61 replies 14 participants last post by  B.P.O.D 
#1 ·
So I am going to tint my rear 5 windows on Friday (both rear doors, rear quarter and hatch). I want some feedabck from the JG world. Please list the % of tint you currently have, pic if possible, and your feedback on what you like and what you would change.

My goal is to do 5% on all of the back 5 windows and leave the fronts alone (stupic Cali laws). I know my windows are already tinted (pretty dark actually)...so has anyone had any issues with putting the tint over our dark stockers? Did anyone increase tint % becuase our come tinted stock? Any and all info is greatly appreciated!!!

#3 · (Edited)
B-rad, i wanted mine front 2 to be around 15-18% but since they dont offer it at the shop i got 20%. i was thinking of 5% the passenger,quarter glass and hatch as well but when backing up @ night, the hatch could be a prob. Pic of mine with 20% and with the light factor, you can still see pretty clearly from the outside in

#7 · (Edited)
thanks Frank...do you have a pic I could check out? Yeah i think I agree that 5% would be too dark @ night over the stock tint...

no prob Paul thanks for the pics...

Davy - so did you just leave the rears and hatch stock? I really want to make it so you cannot see in, so it sounds like 15-10% tint over the stock tint will be money. I do want to see out at night so I prolly won't go with 5%. Thanks for the pic Davy...are you happy with the tint? And you can see out at night ok?

#9 ·
fronts are 20%. rear is stock. the factory is actually smoked. even my 20% is more difficult to see out of than the stock. it's not as clear.

#11 · (Edited)
i jsut got my rear quarter glass install and i THINK it is 5% over stock. At day you cannot see anything from the outside in which i like. At night i looked back there and it would be hard to back up unless you use the back up cam. i would prefer it to be darker actually but 5% is a bit much IMO. if i would 5% anything it would be rear doors and rear quarters.( i just might do it actually) hatch a tad darker and leave the front alone @ 20. 15% would be great for the front if it's available. At the moment rear door and hatch are stock

#13 ·
I have 5% on all my windows except the windshield....it's 50%.
Can see through fairly good at night. Haven't hit anything yet.
But if because of Cali laws you can only tint the rear windows. Do them 5%. Because you never really go that far in reverse. And the reverse light is enough to light your way. :D

#20 ·
No it's actually good stuff, they sell the the tint pre cut for every window accept the moon roof for 50 something bucks shipped! Pep boys stuff has a purple color to it which i think is ugly, I'll try and get you the link, it's been a long time since i bought them.

#23 · (Edited)
just dropped her off! I went with 3m 20% over the rear 5 windows!!! Gonna be nice and dark but not too bad...and since I am super smart, I asked about doing my tail lights and the guy said "sure"...so I am going dark tint on brake lights and 3rd light, with clear reverse!!! Gonna look money

#26 ·
just dropped her off! I went with 3m 20% over the rear 5 windows!!! Gonna be nice and dark but not too bad...and sine I am super smart, I asked about doing my tail lights and the guy said "sure"...so I am going dark tint on brake lights and 3rd light, with clear reverse!!! Gonna look money
cant wait for the pics B-rad!!

what's the stock tint on our rides ?
i think 18%

#27 ·
18% = Stock tint

He is using 3m tint on the tails...he also has a warranty for any issues on the windows and tails/3rd BL! I am so stoked to have the blacked-out tails with clear reverse...ever since I saw Nates in the city I knew I had to do it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.