Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Excuse me sir but you just ruined my $70k car (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/excuse-me-sir-but-you-just-ruined-my-70k-car-62015.html)

Darth Vapor SRT 06-26-2013 09:02 PM

Excuse me sir but you just ruined my $70k car
 
Easily one of the WORST customer service experiences happened to me after work. So I've been going back and forth with exhaust options. I know I want the Borla Atak but I decided I'm going to hold off a few months. So I go to a custom exhaust shop after work. I tell them I want flowmaster 40 series places where the current stock mufflers are (the ones closest to the hood of the car. Not off the tailpipes). SO, its about 90 in Chicago right now so I decide to wait inside the nice A/C waiting room instead of watching them outside working on my car. So about 40 minutes later the guy comes in and tells me we're done and cars out front. Mind you, its closing time. So I fire her up and I notice that it sounds like a BOMB went off. Immediatly I knew what the issue was but I was praying it wasn't so. These MORONS cut out the factory muffler and ran...wait for it....3" STRAIGHT PIPES. I finally ask to put the car back on the rack and I go under there myself and confirm. I am usually a very nice person. I give people the benefit of the doubt. Not this time. I exploded. So long story short the guy tells me the tech misunderstood what the manager told him to do. He tells me they are closing. I explain to him that it is BS that they are going home with my beautiful car like this. He gives me some sob story and tells me to bring it back tomorrow and they will fix it and "take care of me". So now I've got a 30 miles drive (all highway) home. I'm livid. Well, I begin hearing this incredible rattle from under the car at all speed except WOT. Yup, those little MDS valves in the pipes were rattling. I've never hear a more annoying sound in my life. The whole way home people were looking at me like "dude, you have an SRT...how come it sounds like an 89 civic?" Not to mention the EASY 25% tq and hp lost from the stupid back pressure. I'm so pissed I'm tempted to call these guys out on the internet. But I need my truck fixed first!!!!!!!!!!!!


BTW....has anyone stuck flowmasters there and if so how do you like it.

Darth Vapor SRT 06-26-2013 09:20 PM

Re: Excuse me sir but you just ruined my $70k car
 
Does anyone know how I can get the valves to stay open for the time being so the drive in tomorrow doesn't make my head explode?

Jetcop20 06-26-2013 10:10 PM

Damn......I can really feel the pain,but why would you F with the stock exhaust. I'm out West and each day the exhaust sound Better. I could see doing an upgrade to a dawg sounding system but...geeeez I love the sound pounding off the canyon walls or thru the twisties of the Black Hills. I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

LizLemon 06-26-2013 11:07 PM

Re: Excuse me sir but you just ruined my $70k car
 
Wow :eek:...crazy. You should really just have them buy you Corsa exhaust now.

Artofnoize 06-26-2013 11:52 PM

I believe I would have gone crazy on those morons...

Darth Vapor SRT 06-27-2013 07:15 AM

Re: Excuse me sir but you just ruined my $70k car
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LizLemon (Post 848899)
Wow :eek:...crazy. You should really just have them buy you Corsa exhaust now.


Amen to that!

Darth Vapor SRT 06-27-2013 09:13 AM

Re: Excuse me sir but you just ruined my $70k car
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetcop20 (Post 848879)
Damn......I can really feel the pain,but why would you F with the stock exhaust. I'm out West and each day the exhaust sound Better. I could see doing an upgrade to a dawg sounding system but...geeeez I love the sound pounding off the canyon walls or thru the twisties of the Black Hills. I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.


I'm just going to have them put the factory muffler back on and leave it alone until I get the atak. I dont want to mess with the backpressure and whatnot.

acme20000 06-27-2013 07:17 PM

Re: Excuse me sir but you just ruined my $70k car
 
They suck.... Sounds like what you're explaining you paid for... Borla ftw

acme20000 06-27-2013 07:21 PM

Re: Excuse me sir but you just ruined my $70k car
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximumSteel13 (Post 848829)
Easily one of the WORST customer service experiences happened to me after work. So I've been going back and forth with exhaust options. I know I want the Borla Atak but I decided I'm going to hold off a few months. So I go to a custom exhaust shop after work. I tell them I want flowmaster 40 series places where the current stock mufflers are (the ones closest to the hood of the car. Not off the tailpipes). SO, its about 90 in Chicago right now so I decide to wait inside the nice A/C waiting room instead of watching them outside working on my car. So about 40 minutes later the guy comes in and tells me we're done and cars out front. Mind you, its closing time. So I fire her up and I notice that it sounds like a BOMB went off. Immediatly I knew what the issue was but I was praying it wasn't so. These MORONS cut out the factory muffler and ran...wait for it....3" STRAIGHT PIPES. I finally ask to put the car back on the rack and I go under there myself and confirm. I am usually a very nice person. I give people the benefit of the doubt. Not this time. I exploded. So long story short the guy tells me the tech misunderstood what the manager told him to do. He tells me they are closing. I explain to him that it is BS that they are going home with my beautiful car like this. He gives me some sob story and tells me to bring it back tomorrow and they will fix it and "take care of me". So now I've got a 30 miles drive (all highway) home. I'm livid. Well, I begin hearing this incredible rattle from under the car at all speed except WOT. Yup, those little MDS valves in the pipes were rattling. I've never hear a more annoying sound in my life. The whole way home people were looking at me like "dude, you have an SRT...how come it sounds like an 89 civic?" Not to mention the EASY 25% tq and hp lost from the stupid back pressure. I'm so pissed I'm tempted to call these guys out on the internet. But I need my truck fixed first!!!!!!!!!!!!


BTW....has anyone stuck flowmasters there and if so how do you like it.

Don't mean to sound like a dick but you stated you wanted borla but in the mean time..... Why waist money like that? Oh well lesson learned.

Darth Vapor SRT 06-27-2013 11:50 PM

Re: Excuse me sir but you just ruined my $70k car
 
All fixed....Giving myself a month to sit on my hands and show some self control before ordering the borla. This truck is WAY too easy to spend money on!

forza 06-28-2013 04:30 PM

Re: Excuse me sir but you just ruined my $70k car
 
This truck is WAY too easy to spend money on![/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you're referring too? My only upgrades are Borla ATAK, BT underhood billeted goods, tinted windows, clear bra, shark fin antennae, Tail light solutions LED tail and fog lights, interior led, carbon fiber interior kit, Mopar cargo and floor mats, 3M vinyl wrap of hood and roof, Brembo slotted rotors, Stop-tech pads, fuel injector upgrade, BAP, SHR Viking transmission, FTI custom convertor, ATI flexplate, Kook's long tube headers with green cats, and a D1SC supercharger. Annnnnnd soon to come a custom fuel setup with forged pistons. LMAO!!!:thumbsup: Forgot about the Eibach lowering springs. Hahahaha

HAMMMERHEAD 06-28-2013 11:49 PM

Re: Excuse me sir but you just ruined my $70k car
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaximumSteel13 (Post 848992)
Amen to that!

ughh.

Yes, a full bolt on is in order now! Man, what a bunch of hacks


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community