Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   2014 Limited radio/media uconnect questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/2014-limited-radio-media-uconnect-questions-62041.html)

ledcat 06-27-2013 02:38 PM

2014 Limited radio/media uconnect questions

Currently, even if my radio or media is off when I shutdown the car, upon startup the radio/media defaults to on. I do not see a setting to change this in the menu. Is this the way it is suppose to work, and do any software updates change this?

gmarshen 06-27-2013 04:51 PM

Problems with backup camera

Anyone experiencing issues with the backup camera on the 2014 GC Overland?Mine appears too bright compared to my 2011 GC Limited. Dealer says it's fine but it appears too washed out for my taste.

Willx 06-27-2013 04:59 PM

Re: 2014 Limited radio/media uconnect questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledcat (Post 849231)
Currently, even if my radio or media is off when I shutdown the car, upon startup the radio/media defaults to on. I do not see a setting to change this in the menu. Is this the way it is suppose to work, and do any software updates change this?

What is the Version Ledcat?

bill_de 06-27-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledcat (Post 849231)

The radio is never off, only muted. Your situation is normal.

---

Willx 06-27-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 849310)

---

Thanks Bill, likely the one thing I didn't know until now. I am always listening to the radio or focused on something that someone asked me about when I enter the vehicle. Never thought to think if it was off or on :thumbsup:.

AbleRiot 06-27-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 849310)

---

This is unusual but makes sense since the entire head unit IS the radio -kind of odd. I wonder if those Cadillac's with the touch screen acts the same

Willx 06-27-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbleRiot (Post 849324)

This is unusual but makes sense since the entire head unit IS the radio -kind of odd. I wonder if those Cadillac's with the touch screen acts the same

I do have the answer to this, yes the CUE system works very similar. It simply uses a motion detect to bring up the menu access however it is always running even if you request screen off. Muting is shutting the amp down and saving energy.

ledcat 06-27-2013 08:53 PM

Understand my situation is normal, just don't like it, scares me sometimes.I still have not upgraded my software, but I am ready to do the 13.19 upgrade, thanks to everyone here.

bill_de 06-27-2013 09:05 PM

Just wondering if everyone else pays more attention to the start up screens than I do. I just realized that the light blue screen that has the disclaimer on top, has controls on the bottom for the heated/ vented seats. By using these buttons you can set the seats before the radio screen pops up.

If everyone else knew this, why didn't you tell me? :mad:

---

Willx 06-27-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ledcat (Post 849465)
Understand my situation is normal, just don't like it, scares me sometimes.I still have not upgraded my software, but I am ready to do the 13.19 upgrade, thanks to everyone here.

No worries, PM me if you need some help or have a question. I make no apologies about this stuff because I honestly am not directly involved. I just have a lot of knowledge about how this process plays out and the unit you have has great possibilities.

If you really want to know, radios havn't truely shut off while the vehicle is on in over a decade. A 2006 Torrent would actually not even run without the radio, it was on a shared buss.

ledcat 06-27-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 849470)
Just wondering if everyone else pays more attention to the start up screens than I do. I just realized that the light blue screen that has the disclaimer on top, has controls on the bottom for the heated/ vented seats. By using these buttons you can set the seats before the radio screen pops up.

If everyone else knew this, why didn't you tell me? :mad:

---

Yep, I did not notice this at first, but now I notice it every time, right before the radio comes on hahah. Seems just like my computer at home, if I put it in reverse before it boots ups all the way, it will lag going to the back up camera.