Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Rim question / tinted tail light question (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/rim-question-tinted-tail-light-question-6210.html)

burt0n05 02-03-2010 11:33 PM

Rim question / tinted tail light question

hey guys,

i had 2 questions for you guys if you could help me out i would appreciate it. Firstoff, i wanted to eventually get some rims for my jeep once the spring comes around. I really wanted to get the srt8 replica's but then i thought about it and realized that I drive onto the beach alot because i live on long island. So since i couldn't drive on with the srt8's im assuming, are there any other rims you guys would suggest that look nice but would be suitable for driving on the beach.

The second question i had was if any of you guys with tinted tail lights by daniel had a picture of the tail lights at night, but not when your hitting the break light.

I'd appreciate it alot if you guys could help me out, im not the most knowledgable when it comes to cars...Thanks

Scottina06 02-03-2010 11:40 PM

Re: Rim question / tinted tail light question

Marlin has 22" wheels and drives on the beach in his WK.....

Megatron 02-04-2010 12:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A camera phone pic, sorry for the quality.

Scottina06 02-04-2010 02:17 AM

Pauls pic is actually good. Daniel has developed a system for the darkest lights...but they still let the proper amount of light through

Robert Palmer 02-04-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZY (Post 144738)
A camera phone pic, sorry for the quality.

Dude you know with the NYPD, it's only a matter of time before you get pulled over.

I'm going to cross my fingers when I get my LED's.

I'll be driving with the parking lights on all day. LOL

burt0n05 02-04-2010 12:49 PM

well i live out in suffolk county on long island so im hoping its not too much of a problem if i decide to go and get them

KidFresh5.7 02-04-2010 01:12 PM

My tinted tails, although not by Daniel, look black when jeep isnt on, but still shine great at night, I'll snap a pic tonight, I would think any rims you put on the jeep will be perfectly fine on sand, some tires would def. be better than others for this tho

Megatron 02-04-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis Presley (Post 144817)
Dude you know with the NYPD, it's only a matter of time before you get pulled over.

I'm going to cross my fingers when I get my LED's.

I'll be driving with the parking lights on all day. LOL

Lol I know I know. But thats not when the brakes are applied, Just with the parking lights on.

And yes parking lights all day!

B.P.O.D 02-04-2010 01:18 PM

bro if you get the reps you can still go on the beach no problem!!!

KidFresh5.7 02-04-2010 01:19 PM

I'll try and get blake to go out with me tonight and take a few pics, we both have tinted tails and i think he got all of his interior and license plate LED's in

burt0n05 02-04-2010 10:43 PM

Thanks so much guys, you are really helping me out a lot. I'm just contemplating spending the money on the tinted tails with all the talk everyone has been having with the warping, almost sounds like its not even worth it even though i know it would look sweet on my black jeep.

I just assumed I wouldn't be able to drive on the beach with the srt8 replicas, you guys pretty sure about me being able to? Like I said earlier i don't know much about cars but i thought it was always a given to not drive on the beach (or offroad) with most types of rims. But if I'm able to drive onto the beach with them then I would be psyched, and my tax check that i just got deposited will probably go right towards that haha.

Scottina06 02-04-2010 11:38 PM

I think as long as ou are reasonable....you can drive on the beach. Watch the deep stuff though....LOL. Even a rig built for sand duning will get stuck