Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Who "carries" in their Jeep? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/who-carries-in-their-jeep-62126.html)

jefferson.oz 06-29-2013 03:55 AM

Who "carries" in their Jeep?
 
Curious, just been on my other favourite forum, a motorcycling one, and thought they were talking about carrying pillion passengers but it was guns, not I mind either way but quite a few riders do carry, just wondering if the Jeep community is the same? We are coming over in a couple of weeks for a six week road trip, and now I kinda got the question leaning on mind... What could happen if I accidently cut someone off who's having a bad day in the traffic?.....

amr40509 06-29-2013 05:26 AM

Re: Who "carries" in their Jeep?
 
Here in KY a good (high) percentage of folks carry in their vehicle. Here it requires no permit if either 1) left out in the open or 2) in either the center console or glove box.

I have a CCDW permit that allows me to carry a gun concealed in 36 of the 50 states.

Yes - there is always a gun in my car.

bill_de 06-29-2013 05:29 AM

Re: Who "carries" in their Jeep?
 
Anything can happen, but shootings due to road rage are rare. Any angry driver may cut you off in return, so keep your eyes open. More often they will flip you the bird. Most often they will shake their head and call you names under their breath.

The best advice is to not take an aggressive stance in return.


.

Yadkin 06-29-2013 07:41 AM

Maybe I do, maybe I don't. ;)

JoeD 06-29-2013 07:56 AM

Re: Who "carries" in their Jeep?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefferson.oz (Post 850193)
Curious, just been on my other favourite forum, a motorcycling one, and thought they were talking about carrying pillion passengers but it was guns, not I mind either way but quite a few riders do carry, just wondering if the Jeep community is the same? We are coming over in a couple of weeks for a six week road trip, and now I kinda got the question leaning on mind... What could happen if I accidently cut someone off who's having a bad day in the traffic?.....

So you think your typical American is just a gun toting cowboy waiting to unload on someone for the simplest thing?

crabman 06-29-2013 08:16 AM

Re: Who "carries" in their Jeep?
 
If you wanna know when its going to hurt that would be when you go to the beach and see some of us lazy Americans in our bathing attire. O.O lol ok Seriously, among many other things in America you are statistically more likely to die by a fatal lightning strike, falling, being hit by a car, drowning, riding a bicycle, plane crash, electrocution, exposure to heat, stung by bees, wasps, and hornets, earthquake, fireworks discharge, bitten by dog, medical malpractice.

Yes, those things are all more likely to kill you than receiving a fatal gunshot. There are many more but these help highlight the real risk in a way that makes us understand that it would be irrational to fear meeting your end at the hands of an armed citizen.

AAAA 06-29-2013 10:04 AM

Re: Who "carries" in their Jeep?
 
Oh, that is just great... a stressed guy and a concealed weapon. Anyone hear of George Zimmerman?

Shaggy1 06-29-2013 10:21 AM

Re: Who "carries" in their Jeep?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefferson.oz (Post 850193)
What could happen if I accidently cut someone off who's having a bad day in the traffic?.....

Another good reason to pay attention in traffic! This is even more important if you are on your bike, since most people who don't ride are not looking for motorcycles.

JoeD 06-29-2013 10:27 AM

Re: Who "carries" in their Jeep?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 850306)
Oh, that is just great... a stressed guy and a concealed weapon. Anyone hear of George Zimmerman?

Who is the stressed guy with the concealed weapon? You also have no idea what happened between Zimmerman and Martin, unless you were there. Your using media clips and internet chat to convict Zimmerman in your mind.

JoeD 06-29-2013 10:29 AM

Re: Who "carries" in their Jeep?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crabman (Post 850253)
If you wanna know when its going to hurt that would be when you go to the beach and see some of us lazy Americans in our bathing attire. O.O lol ok Seriously, among many other things in America you are statistically more likely to die by a fatal lightning strike, falling, being hit by a car, drowning, riding a bicycle, plane crash, electrocution, exposure to heat, stung by bees, wasps, and hornets, earthquake, fireworks discharge, bitten by dog, medical malpractice.

Yes, those things are all more likely to kill you than receiving a fatal gunshot. There are many more but these help highlight the real risk in a way that makes us understand that it would be irrational to fear meeting your end at the hands of an armed citizen.

You can't convince anti gun people with facts. Great post by the way:thumbsup:

xJoshxx 06-29-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amr40509 (Post 850199)
Here in KY a good (high) percentage of folks carry in their vehicle. Here it requires no permit if either 1) left out in the open or 2) in either the center console or glove box.

I have a CCDW permit that allows me to carry a gun concealed in 36 of the 50 states.

Yes - there is always a gun in my car.

Ah men.

2012 Summit 06-29-2013 10:58 AM

Re: Who "carries" in their Jeep?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 850306)
Oh, that is just great... a stressed guy and a concealed weapon. Anyone hear of George Zimmerman?

ever hear of self defense?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community