Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   2014 FWD Cherokee now in production (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/2014-fwd-cherokee-now-in-production-62177.html)

RageOfFury 06-30-2013 03:22 PM

2014 FWD Cherokee now in production

According to Allpar.com, the 2014 Cherokee is now in production...but only the FWD version. This is due to issues with the 4x4 systems. No ETA for the 4x4 version.

News: 2014 Cherokee in production

randwats 06-30-2013 08:29 PM

Re: 2014 FWD Cherokee now in production

:mad:. This is like watching the Dart launch all over.

Goldengriff 06-30-2013 08:37 PM

All I can say is where's my Trailhawk....

randwats 06-30-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldengriff (Post 850969)
All I can say is where's my Trailhawk....

:thumbsup:

SE3.5 07-01-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RageOfFury (Post 850844)
According to Allpar.com, the 2014 Cherokee is now in production...but only the FWD version. This is due to issues with the 4x4 systems. No ETA for the 4x4 version.

News: 2014 Cherokee in production

(Reuters, June 28, 2013) - Chrysler Group LLC said it began commercial production this week of its all-new 2014 Jeep Cherokee in Toledo, Ohio. :D

jp467 07-01-2013 09:50 AM

I hope this is not like the Dart launch. They have been waiting for a 2.4 since it came out and its always a couple more months. Jeep needs to have a 4x4 model. I wonder if the problem is with that disconnecting rear axle. My first thought when I read about that was I wonder how long that will last.

loveracing1988 07-01-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 851189)
I hope this is not like the Dart launch. They have been waiting for a 2.4 since it came out and its always a couple more months. Jeep needs to have a 4x4 model. I wonder if the problem is with that disconnecting rear axle. My first thought when I read about that was I wonder how long that will last.

The funny thing is, they are not having problems with the axles, or the ptu's. I honestly don't know why they are saying that is what is holding them up, other than to say that it isn't their fault it is another companies.

barnettdlb 07-02-2013 12:41 PM

Well the article says "All Par believes" it is only FWD versions... this may be a similar rumor mix up that the Cherokee production was delayed another 2 months... which turned out to be false. I believe that was caused by confusion with the timeline for Canadian and export production and sales.
And a little vindication for Mitt Romney, they will build Cherokees in China. Why not build all Cherokees in the U.S. and make others pay for it for a change. They have done that with the JK to great profit.

SE3.5 07-02-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barnettdlb (Post 851758)
Well the article says they will build Cherokees in China. Why not build all Cherokees in the U.S. and make others pay for it for a change. They have done that with the JK to great profit.

Perhaps because Jeep is now an Italian company. :rolleyes:

randwats 07-02-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Well the article says "All Par believes" it is only FWD versions... this may be a similar rumor mix up that the Cherokee production was delayed another 2 months... which turned out to be false. I believe that was caused by confusion with the timeline for Canadian and export production and sales.
And a little vindication for Mitt Romney, they will build Cherokees in China. Why not build all Cherokees in the U.S. and make others pay for it for a change. They have done that with the JK to great profit.

Very possible however dealers still cannot order them. Chrysler did the same thing for the Dart launch with only 1.4L 6 Speeds in red available and the 14 Grand Cherokee's with all red Limited's. I'm inclined to believe Allpar's story.

Chrysler is building Cherokee's in China, but for the Chinese market (source). They aren't being exported into the US. Slightly different than what Mitt was inferring.

jp467 07-02-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

There is no vindication there. That was a lie then and its a lie now. Chrysler had said back then they were going to build jeeps in china for that market this is not new. They took it out of context and were trying to make people believe they would be moving production from the U.S to china. The fact is its very hard to import vehicles into china and not have any production there they just don't allow it without big tariffs. The other thing is these plants here are already running at full capacity just to keep up with the demand that we have here. It also has nothing to do with it being Italian owned either because GM and Ford are also going to be building vehicle over there for that market. That lie backfired because I think all it did was cost him more votes in Michigan and Ohio. And believe me I wasn't a supporter of the other guy either but when something is a lie its a lie.