Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   14 GC Electrical architecture (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/14-gc-electrical-architecture-62276.html)

2mad2bad 07-02-2013 07:53 AM

14 GC Electrical architecture

Do you guys really think the new electrical system is a reliable setup? I mean Chrysler Jeep has been boasting (from launch)about the new architecture on 14 models is so fantastic and so great, and it does seem so at first, but it is also the case that many owners are having a lot of problems especially in terms of reliability.

I came across this clip on YouTube, and never herd of this happening before, yet another electrical malfunction. Chrysler/Jeep have got some work to do in order to get back on the map in terms of reliability. Despite all the glitches I still like it though.. Just wondering how it will fear in a 4/5 years done the line?

Why NOT to buy a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - YouTube

bill_de 07-02-2013 08:31 AM

Re: 14 GC Electrical architecture

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2mad2bad (Post 851629)
Do you guys really think the new electrical system is a reliable setup? I mean Chrysler Jeep has been boasting (from launch)about the new architecture on 14 models is so fantastic and so great, and it does seem so at first, but it is also the case that many owners are having a lot of problems especially in terms of reliability.

I came across this clip on YouTube, and never herd of this happening before, yet another electrical malfunction. Chrysler/Jeep have got some work to do in order to get back on the map in terms of reliability. Despite all the glitches I still like it though.. Just wondering how it will fear in a 4/5 years done the line?

If you haven't heard of this happening before, you haven't been reading the forums much. This is very old news that has been discussed in a number of threads.

By guess is that in four or five years (probably sooner) the bugs will all be worked out. I wouldn't fear anything, this Jeep will fare well over time. :)

Tony407 07-02-2013 09:09 PM

I feel for anyone having problems in their 2014. As the former owner of a 2012 Ford Focus that gave me nothing but MyFord Touch problems since the day I bought it, I can really sympathize.

Fortunately, I've been really happy with my new Jeep. *knocks on wood*

Tony

jacko15 07-02-2013 09:21 PM

That's why Jeep used real wood on the dash. I knock on it before I hit the start button! :rolleyes:

padgett 07-02-2013 09:39 PM

Wait til a few get rearended if they die in traffic with no brake lights.

2mad2bad 07-04-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacko15 (Post 852073)
That's why Jeep used real wood on the dash. I knock on it before I hit the start button! :rolleyes:

Haha.. The benefits of having real wood finish :-)

scooterha 07-06-2013 07:12 PM

What i'd be more concerned with is the guy driving the Jeep for 10 miles with his phone taking video. Idiot.