Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Canada (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f118/)
-   -   Hello all from Calgary! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f118/hello-all-from-calgary-62323.html)

Video_Pilot 07-03-2013 10:54 AM

Hello all from Calgary!

There doesn't seem to be a lot of activity from the Canadian side on this site, but I thought I'd pop in and say a quick Hi! As I write this, Calgary is still recovering from the nasty flood we had a few weeks ago. I was out on a test drive in a 14 Overland V6 Pentastar the day the flood was happening, and it didn't work out so well. Not much of a test drive when you're just sitting in traffic going nowhere.

Finally got all my testing done over the following week ( the dealer even let me do a test tow with my RV trailer, - which sold me on the V6 gas for my purposes) and just placed my factory order on July 2/13! Excited?, - yes, - just hoping to avoid some of the nasty issues a few others have had on this site. After lots of dealer searching, I finally found one that I was 95% happy with. Finding a dealer that I even wanted to talk with has been one of the toughest parts of the buying process so far! By the way, just love Jeep Garage, - it has been invaluable in my research and decision.

Would welcome any questions or comments about my purchase process or after I get the vehicle (looking like August so far :( ). Anyone else from Calgary here?

lstowell 07-03-2013 11:11 AM

Re: Hello all from Calgary!

August? Oh, ow.
You should go to the dealer and whine and cry and beg, and see if they'll upgrade you to the Hemi for say, 60% off the upgrade price.

Video_Pilot 07-03-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lstowell (Post 852316)
August? Oh, ow.
You should go to the dealer and whine and cry and beg, and see if they'll upgrade you to the Hemi for say, 60% off the upgrade price.

Nah, I'm fairly patient, and I was impressed with the 6 and the new transmission. The 8 was impressive for sure, but more than I really need most of the time. :)

Willx 07-03-2013 11:45 AM

Re: Hello all from Calgary!

Welcome to JeepGarage!

We are here to help!

Video_Pilot 07-03-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willx (Post 852335)
Welcome to JeepGarage!

We are here to help!

Thanks Willx, your certainly are, - one doesn't have to browse the forums long to see that! A question for you, - rather confirmation. I'm Assuming that with a new build like mine ( ordered yesterday) the newest 8.4AN firmware (13.19.0) would be installed? Forgive me if I'm cross posting or anything like that, very new to forums! :)

Video_Pilot 07-03-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Video_Pilot (Post 852594)

Thanks Willx, your certainly are, - one doesn't have to browse the forums long to see that! A question for you, - rather confirmation. I'm Assuming that with a new build like mine ( ordered yesterday) the newest 8.4AN firmware (13.19.0) would be installed? Forgive me if I'm cross posting or anything like that, very new to forums! :)

Willx, please don't bother responding to the above. Just found your answer in the software update thread. Thanks!

Willx 07-03-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Video_Pilot (Post 852599)

Willx, please don't bother responding to the above. Just found your answer in the software update thread. Thanks!

Lol. Glad I could help.