Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export Grand Cherokee 2011+ (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/)
-   -   AC system not Syncing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f190/ac-system-not-syncing-62361.html)

Stuch 07-04-2013 05:14 AM

AC system not Syncing
 
The AC system does not work at the temperatures nominated on the screen.
One side will be heting and the other side cooling.

Tried the process of heatin blowing and then cooling and syncing but it did not fix it.

Waiting on dealers response

RockyAUS 07-06-2013 05:43 AM

Re: AC system not Syncing
 
Hi Stuch, just wondering if you'd had a response. My Overland is doing the same.

Found this post on the 2014 Grand Cherokee information -Australia thread, post #4606.

re: the climate control dual zone issue. Ours was fine for a week or so and then it went a bit haywire. Mentioned it to the service department of our dealership and we are now tracking it and will report back to them.

Try this to correct it.

Press Synch Off
Take drivers side all the way to HI
Take passengers side all the way to HI
Let blow for 10-20 secs.
Take drivers side all the way to LO
Take passengers side all the way to LO
Let blow for 10-20 secs
Take drivers side to normal temp that you want (ie: for us 19 degrees)
Take passengers side to same temp
Press Synch On

See how you go. :)

It corrected it for us, but the service department wants to know if it goes out again so we are keeping an eye on it.

Stuch 07-06-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyAUS (Post 853580)
Hi Stuch, just wondering if you'd had a response. My Overland is doing the same.

Found this post on the 2014 Grand Cherokee information -Australia thread, post #4606.

re: the climate control dual zone issue. Ours was fine for a week or so and then it went a bit haywire. Mentioned it to the service department of our dealership and we are now tracking it and will report back to them.

Try this to correct it.

Press Synch Off
Take drivers side all the way to HI
Take passengers side all the way to HI
Let blow for 10-20 secs.
Take drivers side all the way to LO
Take passengers side all the way to LO
Let blow for 10-20 secs
Take drivers side to normal temp that you want (ie: for us 19 degrees)
Take passengers side to same temp
Press Synch On

See how you go. :)

It corrected it for us, but the service department wants to know if it goes out again so we are keeping an eye on it.

Rockaus,

I tried that with the dealer as I saw the post before I got the car. It did not fix the problem.
I will post the response I get on Monday when I see the dealer on this and the Voice Recognition.

RockyAUS 07-06-2013 08:33 PM

Re: AC system not Syncing
 
Thanks Stuch.

jefferson.oz 07-09-2013 04:25 AM

Re: AC system not Syncing
 
Hmm, I think the problem lies with the warm/cool air blender in the dash getting out of sync.... Its a Jeep thing, if your dealers mechanics know their stuff they should be able to adjust it and get it back in order no parts required..... apparently if you set the AC with large temp differences on each side it doesn't like it much and can go a little haywire.... Hope this helps....

Stuch 07-09-2013 10:59 PM

Thanks, I will speak to the dealer

Gcniko 07-22-2013 08:18 AM

Re: AC system not Syncing
 
Hi Guys
I m new to Jeep Garage, and recently joined the Jeep community with a 2014 Laredo CRD... Guess what the car is awesome but having Aircon issues exactly as mentioned. One side is always hot n other cool and reverses the issue when mode set to auto. Had my jeep for about 2 weeks now n finding this frustrating. Showed to the dealer but they couldn't find nothing. Apparently they checked a couple more they had on the floor and they also had exactly same issue!!
Funnily enough the service guy said we will check with Jeep if this is an issue or a feature of the car. I couldnt believe him saying "feature of the car" :lol:

Well seems like this is going to be a much wide spread problem. Would really appreciate anyone's input on this issue.

allypally 07-22-2013 05:31 PM

Re: AC system not Syncing
 
I suspect this issue has something to do with the conversion from Left to Right Hand Drive. Perhaps the sensors were moved in that conversion, or need to be moved.

Stuch 07-23-2013 03:04 AM

Advised by dealer that it maybe an IT issue and there is an upgrade for Uconect that may fix the issue.

Karrakin 07-23-2013 04:58 AM

Re: AC system not Syncing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuch (Post 863157)
Advised by dealer that it maybe an IT issue and there is an upgrade for Uconect that may fix the issue.

Thx Stuch, is the upgrade already available or is coming?

Stuch 07-23-2013 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karrakin (Post 863164)

Thx Stuch, is the upgrade already available or is coming?

No it is not available yet

Gcniko 07-23-2013 07:38 AM

Re: AC system not Syncing
 
Thanks Stuch, I m just seeing it as a big worry if the issue isn't fixed before summer kicks in. I will be chasing this up with my dealer as well n see if he has any timelines to the fix


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community