Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   She said lets go to the beach i said i have a SRT to detail! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/she-said-lets-go-to-the-beach-i-said-i-have-a-srt-to-detail-62372.html)

phillysrt 07-04-2013 11:15 AM

She said lets go to the beach i said i have a SRT to detail!
 
7 Attachment(s)
Hey guys so I don't know if you guys know but the east coast has been getting pelted with rain and thunderstorms everyday making it hard to get a good wash in. Hell the other day the car was so dirty I washed it in the rain haha. So today I woke up and the girl was like let's head to the beach house and I said nooooooo. I have a dirty car who needs me!!! Haha so here are so clean shots. Never got to really show you the new blacked out grille sooooo. Hope you like them! Have a great 4th of July and be safe fellas


Ps I tried some of Adams Deep Wheel Cleaner and I liked it. I think the sonax is better. But not too bad!

bill_de 07-04-2013 11:29 AM

Re: She said lets go to the beach i said i have a SRT to detail!
 
If you can't wash a Jeep at the beach house, you need a better beach house.

It does look good!



.

phillysrt 07-04-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 852902)
If you can't wash a Jeep at the beach house, you need a better beach house.

It does look good!

.

Hahaha thanks. But then I have to lug all my supplies down there. Plus. Who arrives at the beach on 4th of July weekend with a dirty car!!??? Haha not me

bgmail777 07-04-2013 12:22 PM

Re: She said lets go to the beach i said i have a SRT to detail!
 
Looks Great!

Scottina06 07-04-2013 12:46 PM

Re: She said lets go to the beach i said i have a SRT to detail!
 
looks awesome Dom! Same with the weather here! I was able to dodge the rain the last couple days....but it got me on the way home from work this morning. I did a combo of meguiers #21 and blackfire sealant and it is fantastic at keeping my Jeep clean.

phillysrt 07-04-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 852930)
looks awesome Dom! Same with the weather here! I was able to dodge the rain the last couple days....but it got me on the way home from work this morning. I did a combo of meguiers #21 and blackfire sealant and it is fantastic at keeping my Jeep clean.

Thanks Scott. What's this black fire your talking about!?

Scottina06 07-04-2013 02:38 PM

Re: She said lets go to the beach i said i have a SRT to detail!
 
Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection - 16 oz | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image


blackfire wet diamond sealant

Artofnoize 07-05-2013 08:25 AM

Rain, rain, rain. Same thing here in Ohio, but we had a bit of a break last two days. But my dilemma was the grass or the car. Car wins hands down! Used the speedy prep pads for removing contaminants, Menzerna 4000 polish, Blackfire sealant then Menzerna color loc carnuba wax. Paint feels like glass. That Blackfire is amazing.

phillysrt 07-05-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artofnoize (Post 853204)
Rain, rain, rain. Same thing here in Ohio, but we had a bit of a break last two days. But my dilemma was the grass or the car. Car wins hands down! Used the speedy prep pads for removing contaminants, Menzerna 4000 polish, Blackfire sealant then Menzerna color loc carnuba wax. Paint feels like glass. That Blackfire is amazing.

Hahah car or grass. Of course car!!! Hahah ya I'm going to order some of this blackfire stuff and see what it's about.

Artofnoize 07-05-2013 09:50 AM

I forgot to mention that I used the Porter Cable 7424 and the Cyclo model5 pro to apply.

studio1930 07-05-2013 11:15 AM

Re: She said lets go to the beach i said i have a SRT to detail!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 853209)
Hahah car or grass. Of course car!!! Hahah ya I'm going to order some of this blackfire stuff and see what it's about.

Friendly tip to those not familiar with sealants:

Make sure you use a proper chemical to strip off the old wax. The polymers in the sealant cannot bond to wax and need a fresh clear coat to finish the bond. Also allow 12 hours in between coats for the bond to complete and do at least 2 coats. Also use the sealant on your outside glass.

I use a porter cable buffer and blue pads to apply (I do glass by hand). I also clay bar before a sealant to properly prepare the surface (don't want to seal in contaminants for 6 months, LOL).

Oh, use a polish and proper polish pad to fix clear coat if you have micro scratches in your clear coat before you apply a sealant.

salsfirst 07-05-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillysrt (Post 852963)

Thanks Scott. What's this black fire your talking about!?

I use Black Fire Sealant and it is amazing. The shine is great and it makes the paint super slick and hydrophobic.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community