Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Clicking sound (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/clicking-sound-62385.html)

vnbWK2 07-04-2013 11:41 PM

Anyone else hear a clicking sound at low speeds? For example, I park in a parking garage at work and hear click, click as I'm driving slow looking for a spot with drivers window down. Normal Transmission sound? Not sure because even in sport mode when left in 1st gear (no shifting) I also hear it.

kbre 07-05-2013 08:00 AM

Re: Clicking sound

Probably just a rock in the tire tread.

vnbWK2 07-05-2013 08:35 AM

Definitely not a rock in the tire. Its coming from under the Jeep. I'll have to look for it again.

RFF111 07-05-2013 08:43 AM

No, it is NOT a rock. I have the same clicking sound in my '14 Overland. Supposedly it's normal, according to the Chrysler folks, but who really knows at this point.

vnbWK2 07-05-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFF111 (Post 853211)
No, it is NOT a rock. I have the same clicking sound in my '14 Overland. Supposedly it's normal, according to the Chrysler folks, but who really knows at this point.

Glad I'm not the only one. I thought I was going crazy. I can't find anything about this 'normal' clicking sound in the manual.

RFF111 07-05-2013 10:42 AM

I doubt it's normal, but I seem to recall another thread about this same issue where some of the posters seemed to be intimating that it was a normal function of the truck as per Chrysler.....

rubicontrail.net 07-05-2013 11:28 AM

Check to make sure no supplier stickers on the drive shafts are peeling loose and tapping against something.

RFF111 07-05-2013 12:25 PM

No, it's definitely not stickers...it is a very loud and distinct clicking noise that sounds like it's coming from the front end suspension.

byl9 07-05-2013 12:55 PM

i hear the same thing. I park in an indoor garage and hear it every time i step on the gas or the tranny shifts up or down. I'm pretty sure its the tranny. its the same sound when you engage the clutch and switch gears on a motorcycle, that's why i'm pretty certain its the transmission. can't comment on whether its normal or not, but i drove next to another 14 GC and it made the same sound, so i think they all do it, now that i read people have also heard it.

RFF111 07-05-2013 02:27 PM

Hmmm...so our trucks tick like time bombs.....hopefully they don't blow up on us LOL

vnbWK2 07-05-2013 02:44 PM

Just too let everyone know that I can only hear the click when I'm in my indoor parking garage at work. I do not hear it when outside.

vnbWK2 07-05-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by byl9 (Post 853295)
i hear the same thing. I park in an indoor garage and hear it every time i step on the gas or the tranny shifts up or down. I'm pretty sure its the tranny. its the same sound when you engage the clutch and switch gears on a motorcycle, that's why i'm pretty certain its the transmission. can't comment on whether its normal or not, but i drove next to another 14 GC and it made the same sound, so i think they all do it, now that i read people have also heard it.

Can you do me a favor next time that you're in the parking garage? Try to replicate the sound while you're in Sport Mode while leaving it in first gear. Do not shift out of first. I tried this and still hear the click. This is why I'm uncertain its the tranny shifts since its being left in first gear.