Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   "Christmas Tree" Frustration - Dealer Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/christmas-tree-frustration-dealer-service-62435.html)

Leef 07-06-2013 09:03 AM

"Christmas Tree" Frustration - Dealer Service

After about 2,400 miles my 2014 JGC fell victim to the "Christmas Tree" dash. I delivered it to the dealership for service on Wednesday. Now it's Saturday and I haven't heard anything from them. I called 4 times and left messages and they still haven't called back. I confirmed through their sales department that the service dept is working today, but still no calls back. What is going on with these guys? More importantly, what the hell is wrong with my 2014 JGC?

There's nothing like having that "brand new car" smell replaced by that "dirty old repair shop" smell after the first month of ownership.

I can't believe I traded in my Audi for this nonsense...:mad:

If the dealer comes back with some earth-shattering information about my Christmas Tree I'll post it up. Otherwise, thanks for listening to my rant...

Scottina06 07-06-2013 09:27 AM

Most of the time its as simple as the engine grounds.

Fyi-audis are no different. My managers new a8 is in the shop right now for the exact same as your jeep....dash all lit up

bill_de 07-06-2013 09:45 AM

Re: "Christmas Tree" Frustration - Dealer Service

Jeep has advocated a few different solutions to this problem. The ground, the pcm, the shifter module and most recently the abs module.

My first visit Jeep told the dealer it was the ground, based on a Star case. I had checked that ground before ever having the problem based on reports here. So, a week later it happened again and they changed the pcm. Usually the lights go out by the next day and the check engine light shortly after. I had no problem driving the car while waiting for the part. The dealer cleared the two pages of codes, test drove the car and none came back.

A couple of people said that since the lights went out they were going to wait and see what happens. I don't remember them reporting back that it happened again.

scooterha 07-06-2013 09:54 AM

Or have someone take you down to the dealership and see whats up. Hope its a simple problem.

Leef 07-06-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 853638)

Fyi-audis are no different. My managers new a8 is in the shop right now for the exact same as your jeep....dash all lit up

My last two cars were S4's. they had 240,000 miles between them and I never saw anything like this. The only maintenance issues were fwt mechanical issues. I was hoping to avoid that with this purchase. We'll see where this goes...

padgett 07-06-2013 10:34 AM

He should have the error codes available, please post them. Looking for correlations particularly high and low voltages.

xJoshxx 07-07-2013 08:38 PM

My 2011 Dash did this and they just threw parts at it.
be driving all the dash lights would come on and flash car never stopped i just didn't have a dash lol.

Fuse/Link Power Distribution Center
Power Train Control Module.
Body Grounds.

New dash unit and harness.

then DING DING what fixed it was replacing the TIPM Totally Intergrated Power Module.

Grand total of $2500 lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybBHkuizPqY

Willx 07-07-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leef (Post 853655)
My last two cars were S4's. they had 240,000 miles between them and I never saw anything like this. The only maintenance issues were fwt mechanical issues. I was hoping to avoid that with this purchase. We'll see where this goes...

Your dealer is the problem here not the truck (after reading your initial post). Most of the Christmas Tree things were fixed fairly quickly (only 2 exceptions of that I know of).

This is besides the point.... Your dealer has no business not keeping you in the loop. I don't care if you drive a Pinto or a Rolls. They should be calling you at the end of each business day and updating you (or at least e-mail). Basic Service advisor 101 training. If you bought from that store call the sales manager tomorrow morning and ask :wtf: and where is your Jeep. You need to tell them they have been completely ignoring you. If you don't get a call almost immediately, call Chrysler and tell them "the dealer has my car and will not return my phone calls".

I won't tell you what I would do next but it involves a flat bed and me being very loud about it at about 8:30am in the service department when they are busy.

:mad: Sorry I get angry when I read dealers not getting back to the customer... no status update is still an update.

Leef 07-08-2013 10:36 AM

Now I'm fired up! As of Saturday (4 days after I dropped it off) they still hadn't looked at my Jeep. Today, I'm pretty sure that their loaner car will get a parking ticket at the train station. I guess that's the price of waiting to perform the work at their convenience.

I will take your suggestion to complain to the sales department. I'm not paying Overland money to drive a POS loaner car.

Willx 07-08-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leef (Post 854603)
Now I'm fired up! As of Saturday (4 days after I dropped it off) they still hadn't looked at my Jeep. Today, I'm pretty sure that their loaner car will get a parking ticket at the train station. I guess that's the price of waiting to perform the work at their convenience.

I will take your suggestion to complain to the sales department. I'm not paying Overland money to drive a POS loaner car.

Other people here will tell you I defend good dealers but I have no tolerance for bad ones. Crappy service managers allow work to slide just because you are in a loaner. They should have diagnosed this asap so they could order parts.

Don't count Sunday but definitely speak to your sales manager. There is no excuse for lack of communication. No one is that busy!!!

nj newb 07-08-2013 11:12 AM

off topic: same here, last 2 cars s4's.

i had a 2001 and 2010. what years did you own? i ask because the 01's had issues with blown turbos and 10's with waterpump and thermostat failures.

and back on topic, I also have been regretting letting go of my S4 and have been having issues with my new truck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leef (Post 853655)

Leef 07-09-2013 12:34 PM

I got my Jeep back this morning. As expected, the ground was lose. After a 16 mile test drive, the dealer told me everything was fixed. But...it is not. My radio still won't play audio from my iPod, and I'm PISSED about the bug greasy pawprint one of their mechanics left on my beautiful, brand spanking new, beige interior.

They offered a full detailing to clean up the greasy handprint. Does anyone have an idea why my radio will show the album cover on the display when connected to the iPod, but not play any audio?