Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   New 2014 and my review (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/new-2014-and-my-review-62473.html)

CRSTX 07-07-2013 02:00 PM

New 2014 and my review

2 Attachment(s)
During my search I never test drove a 2011-2013 so I can't compare them to the 2014's but I did drive several of the 2014s. Laredo 2wd and 4X4, V6 Limited 2wd and V8 Limited 4x4. I ended up with a Laredo E 4x4 stone white with tan interior (only 1 of 2 in the DFW area). So far I love this thing. It has plenty of space even with two car seats. It feels sporty and well planted. Its very quiet and the 8spd transmission is smooth. I was really hoping that I would be blown away by the Hemi (I had 06 Ram with it) but (to me) there wasn't much difference. Does it have more power? Yes. Is it faster? Yes. Does it match the +70HP and +130TQ over the V6? I didn't feel it. My advised if your not sure is to go and drive it yourself, for someone getting a Limited or above $2700 cost for it may be worth it. I did take a small 50 mile trip a few hours after signing the papers. I tired to keep the speed around 70mph and my average showing was 25.3mpg. I did notice that if I was going slower it would go up and if I was going faster it would start to go down (as expected). Here are some cell phone pictures: Now let the mods begin :D

2014 LAREDO 07-07-2013 06:50 PM

Re: New 2014 and my review

Nice, we just picked up a Laredo E about a month ago. Just got back from a trip to Florida from Mass. 3000 miles and not one problem and averaged 25 mpg.

Tseg 08-03-2013 07:42 AM

Got the Mrs. a Limited with a Hemi about a month ago and she, too, loves it. Lots of power, smaller than her former Acadia. Really posh interior. Super smooth over a variety of rough road conditions.

Based on other various reviews around the web it seems like with these Jeeps you either end up with a Superstar or a Lemon... Nothing lukewarm in between.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that ours remains a Superstar. Luckily we have a lemon law here in Michigan if the Jeep decides to go that route.

mceb 08-03-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tseg (Post 869160)
Got the Mrs. a Limited with a Hemi about a month ago and she, too, loves it. Lots of power, smaller than her former Acadia. Really posh interior. Super smooth over a variety of rough road conditions.

Based on other various reviews around the web it seems like with these Jeeps you either end up with a Superstar or a Lemon... Nothing lukewarm in between.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that ours remains a Superstar. Luckily we have a lemon law here in Michigan if the Jeep decides to go that route.

Not too many lemons. Good luck with your Limited.

seeingwhite 08-03-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRSTX (Post 854196)
So far I love this thing. It has plenty of space even with two car seats...

Thanks for the review. I noticed that you put two car seats in it. I was holding out for a 7 seater jeep or VW, but I am thinking about just going with the '14 GC. I wanted to ask your opinion: How do you think one car seat, one booster, and a short adult (5'0" and thin) all in the backseat? Is there enough room for all of them to be comfortable in the back seat? It would only be like this once a week and for the occasional longer trip like on vacation.

Thanks!

2014GC 08-04-2013 09:07 PM

Nice, FYI, your Jeep color is 'Bright White". Stone White was an earlier color.
Enjoy!