Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   SRT headlights on 2014 Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/srt-headlights-on-2014-overland-62490.html)

Dark_Shadow_GC 07-07-2013 09:11 PM

SRT headlights on 2014 Overland
 
I have bought pair of SRT headlights to install on my 2014 overland. I will also be blacking out the chrome part of the taillights. Now my dilemma is if I should black out the rest of the chrome on the truck. I don't want to plasti dip it or make it fully black but more of a smoked chrome look. I've never been a fan of shiny chrome but smoked chrome looks really good. I am just wondering what some of your opinions are on this update I plan on doing to my truck. Any input is appreciated.

JeepGCOverland 07-08-2013 12:25 AM

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them and for how much? I would install the headlights first and see how they look before blacking out anything more (except the chrome on the taillights). Also, please post pictures after you install the headlights!

willtjr 07-08-2013 01:52 AM

Re: SRT headlights on 2014 Overland
 
I recently purchased a 2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee with no User guide or owners manual.
I'm lost, dose any one know where I can get the orginials, can't. find the right information. I need
to operate the truck right. Thanks

Dark_Shadow_GC 07-08-2013 07:33 AM

Re: SRT headlights on 2014 Overland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepGCOverland (Post 854458)
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them and for how much? I would install the headlights first and see how they look before blacking out anything more (except the chrome on the taillights). Also, please post pictures after you install the headlights!

I got them from ebay. Only pair that was listed as of last night. I got the pair for $1100 which is not bad at all considering coming from Jeep they are roughly $1000 each. And you can count on pictures once I am done. Hopefully i will be able to install them this weekend.

DocPerry 07-08-2013 09:34 AM

Wow, I think you might have opened up a can of worms... does your overland already have bi-xenon headlamps? If not then I'm pretty sure you will have issues with proper wiring, connectors and the ecu recognizing the new srt bi-xenon headlamps. Good luck though. In for more updates.

Dark_Shadow_GC 07-08-2013 09:49 AM

Re: SRT headlights on 2014 Overland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocPerry (Post 854565)
Wow, I think you might have opened up a can of worms... does your overland already have bi-xenon headlamps? If not then I'm pretty sure you will have issues with proper wiring, connectors and the ecu recognizing the new srt bi-xenon headlamps. Good luck though. In for more updates.

The Overland comes standard with the bi-xenon headlamps. They should just be plug and play from what I have seen and read. Keeping my fingers crossed that is the case.

Dark_Shadow_GC 07-08-2013 11:10 AM

Re: SRT headlights on 2014 Overland
 
1 Attachment(s)
So I did a quick mock up of what it will look like and they def make the truck look more aggressive. I really like it. Probably going to paint the chrome surround by the tow hooks black as it looks better as you can see in the mock. I eventually want to color match the mirrors and door handles but that is a bit down the road.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/attachment...1&d=1373299698

Specx 07-08-2013 11:30 AM

Re: SRT headlights on 2014 Overland
 
I'm interested in this as well. love the looks of the SRT head and taillights and would love them on my black Overland. Are the SRT lights adaptive and have the washers like the Summit lights? I wonder if there's a connector already there for the washer and if the adaptive headlights are plug-n-play as well. If you think about it, the 7" display shows what direction the front wheels point, so does that work with the adaptive lights to direct them when a turn is made?

Dark_Shadow_GC 07-08-2013 11:50 AM

Re: SRT headlights on 2014 Overland
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Specx (Post 854632)
I'm interested in this as well. love the looks of the SRT head and taillights and would love them on my black Overland. Are the SRT lights adaptive and have the washers like the Summit lights? I wonder if there's a connector already there for the washer and if the adaptive headlights are plug-n-play as well. If you think about it, the 7" display shows what direction the front wheels point, so does that work with the adaptive lights to direct them when a turn is made?


The SRT lights are adavtive and have the washers like the Summit. I can hope they are plug an play for the adaptive part, but I would imagine that would need to be turned on in the truck's computer. Same with the washers, which I really dont care for, but they come with the SRT lights. Also for the washers you would need to connect them to the windshield washer fluid container.

NYPhantom 07-11-2013 01:44 PM

Re: SRT headlights on 2014 Overland
 
I plan on having my friends shop open up my headlights on my Limited and painting them black. That way I dont have the issues of anything not working from a different model.

nj newb 07-11-2013 01:53 PM

Re: SRT headlights on 2014 Overland
 
just curious, is your friend's shop 180customs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYPhantom (Post 856593)
I plan on having my friends shop open up my headlights on my Limited and painting them black. That way I dont have the issues of anything not working from a different model.


NYPhantom 07-11-2013 02:09 PM

Re: SRT headlights on 2014 Overland
 
Negative, its actually xlusxautosports located in SI, NY. They do unbelievable work on all cars but mostely high-end.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community