Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   2014+ Cherokee-KL (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/)
-   -   When will the new cherokee be available to order from dealer? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f216/when-will-the-new-cherokee-be-available-to-order-from-dealer-62499.html)

RED BEAST 07-08-2013 09:14 AM

When will the new cherokee be available to order from dealer?

Looking to order an new Trailhawk and the dealers have no idea when the order banks will open for customer orders. Anybody have info on when this might occur?

Thanks

bill_de 07-08-2013 09:23 AM

Re: When will the new cherokee be available to order from dealer?

Might be some news in the existing thread on the new Cherokee.

---

randwats 07-08-2013 10:04 PM

I've been checking every day. When I order mine, I'll be the first to open a thread here. ;-)

The order guide has been leaked (here and other places), production had started (still believe they're FWD V6's though), and there really isn't that much time if they've promised "ample inventory" by September. I would wager the order banks open end of this month with dealer and sold orders arriving end of August, early September.

tl47715 07-09-2013 07:33 AM

For those of us who are itching to buy, here's a link for AOL AUTO to configure and build your Cherokee.

http://autos.aol.com/cars-Jeep-Cherokee-2014/pricing/

SE3.5 07-09-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tl47715 (Post 855085)
For those of us who are itching to buy, here's a link for AOL AUTO to configure and build your Cherokee.

2014 Jeep Cherokee Pricing

Milous has had the information up for several weeks on his thread. You can also price it out on Edmunds.com, if Milous' thread is too difficult to use. :D

SE3.5 07-09-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RED BEAST (Post 854551)
Looking to order an new Trailhawk and the dealers have no idea when the order banks will open for customer orders. Anybody have info on when this might occur?

Thanks

Since the dealers now have their order guides, I suspect some of them would be willing to take your order even if the order banks are not yet open.

jp467 07-09-2013 10:31 AM

If the order banks are not open than its useless to give a dealer an order weather they would take it or not.

SE3.5 07-09-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 855155)
If the order banks are not open than its useless to give a dealer an order weather they would take it or not.

Wrong. Many dealers will take your order, hold it, and place it the day the order bank opens. My wife's car was purchased that way.

jp467 07-10-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE3.5 (Post 855162)
Wrong. Many dealers will take your order, hold it, and place it the day the order bank opens. My wife's car was purchased that way.

What was wrong about my statement? If the order banks are not open than giving the dealer is order is nothing. It just means they will write down what you want and probably take a deposit on something they can't even order yet. I guess I don't understand the logic in that.

Milous 07-10-2013 01:04 AM

Don't see the Cherokee on the order bank list for tomorrow...

SE3.5 07-10-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp467 (Post 855627)
What was wrong about my statement? If the order banks are not open than giving the dealer is order is nothing. It just means they will write down what you want and probably take a deposit on something they can't even order yet. I guess I don't understand the logic in that.

Do you think he will call you the moment the order bank opens, or will he be too busy placing orders? If I really want a car, I want my order put in first, not last. There will be an allotment, you know.

jp467 07-10-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SE3.5 (Post 855738)
Do you think he will call you the moment the order bank opens, or will he be too busy placing orders? If I really want a car, I want my order put in first, not last. There will be an allotment, you know.

I don't think it has to be at the moment. I think if you found out the banks were open you could go and order it. I don't think you would really lose anything if it happened to be the next day. I guess everyone has a different take on it but to give them a deposit on something that is not being built yet to me is a waste. The problem is you have no idea how long it will be for the trailhawk that most people want. It could be anything from weeks to months to over a year who knows. I will use the Dart as an example when that was first shown at the Detroit auto show they had an RT with a 2.4 that was supposed to be coming out. That was a year an a half ago and the now GT with 2.4 just went into production. Had someone put an order in for that with a dealer it would have sat there all this time and there still isn't an RT.