Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   MY2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit issue with Blind Spot (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/my2014-jeep-grand-cherokee-summit-issue-with-blind-spot-62510.html)

OverlandSum 07-08-2013 12:39 PM

MY2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit issue with Blind Spot
 
Hey Guys-

I am perplexed and disappointed. Approx 2 weeks ago with only 2700miles I have been having issues with the Blind Spot Detection on my MY14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit.

It started with going off with the error message "Blind Spot Alert Unavailable" every other day to daily to hourly and now all the time. I brought to dealership after two visits with new mirrors and module, it still not working. It remains on all the time.

I have found one post on here about an astronomy zone however the dealership has NO idea what that is. They are sending a call to Chrysler to report the problem.

Yes, I have washed the truck many times which is pretty normal keeping my ride clean and garage kept.

Irritated. :mad:

Snipe315 07-08-2013 01:38 PM

Re: MY2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit issue with Blind Spot
 
If your problem is the same as the one I had, one of the side mirror BSD triangles should light up and remain lit when the system faults.

The fix for mine was the replacement of a module in the driver's door.

OverlandSum 07-08-2013 01:41 PM

Re: MY2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit issue with Blind Spot
 
Yes, that is what they did today and it didn't fix the problem. I have new mirrors and new module.

tsk tsk

Copefree 07-08-2013 10:52 PM

Re: MY2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit issue with Blind Spot
 
Where are the actual sensors, anyway? Where do they emit from? Been wondering that.

BobsWK2 07-09-2013 07:13 PM

Re: MY2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit issue with Blind Spot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Copefree (Post 854969)
Where are the actual sensors, anyway? Where do they emit from? Been wondering that.

There is 1 on each side under the rear bumper fascia. I've noticed that sometimes a vehicle will be coming up fast in the lane on my left and they will brake quite suddenly, then after a minute or so, they then accelerate past. I've read where some radar detectors will give a warning and that would explain why I've noticed this occurring.

jdchamp31 07-09-2013 07:28 PM

I am having the exact same problem. I haven't bothered going to the dealer yet because I never use the feature but glad to know what the fix is so I can arrange for the part from my guys at Chrysler HQ before brining it in.

OverlandSum 07-09-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdchamp31 (Post 855452)
I am having the exact same problem. I haven't bothered going to the dealer yet because I never use the feature but glad to know what the fix is so I can arrange for the part from my guys at Chrysler HQ before brining it in.

Replacing the mirrors or the module did not correct my problem. They have sent an inquiry to Chrysler. Hopefully I will have a resolution soon.

Snipe315 07-09-2013 08:29 PM

Re: MY2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit issue with Blind Spot
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlandSum (Post 855483)
Did not correct my problem.

Quick question for all those with this issue...

When the BSD system faults, do your front power windows also stop working?

OverlandSum 07-10-2013 10:23 AM

Re: MY2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit issue with Blind Spot
 
Windows work fine.

OverlandSum 07-13-2013 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlandSum (Post 854668)
Hey Guys-

I am perplexed and disappointed. Approx 2 weeks ago with only 2700miles I have been having issues with the Blind Spot Detection on my MY14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit.

It started with going off with the error message "Blind Spot Alert Unavailable" every other day to daily to hourly and now all the time. I brought to dealership after two visits with new mirrors and module, it still not working. It remains on all the time.

I have found one post on here about an astronomy zone however the dealership has NO idea what that is. They are sending a call to Chrysler to report the problem.

Yes, I have washed the truck many times which is pretty normal keeping my ride clean and garage kept.

Irritated. :mad:

Update


My service dept has not update or response from Chrysler and their START system. They sent another email. They feel my issue is unusual since replacing the module didn't work. Disappointed.

cto521 11-18-2013 05:55 PM

Re: MY2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit issue with Blind Spot
 
I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, My blind spot monitoring system is not working either, had it in for service while I was out of Town because the MIL light was on also, was told the part was on back order. Brought it to my Dealership when I returned home. I was told the same thing. Part was on back order. Contacted Chrysler Customer Service and they had the parts within a week to "fix" both issues. Just had the car in for service today, The issue causing the MIL SEEMS to be fixed, however, the blind spot monitoring system message came on again on my way home. I contacted service but they said I will "have to set up another appointment. Has anyone had this issue and has it been resolved yet? This is one of the features that I purchased the Overland model for. I am upset that I am paying for a feature I can not rely on.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community