Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   EVIC brightness control? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/evic-brightness-control-62517.html)

Mcdenny 07-08-2013 03:42 PM

EVIC brightness control?
 
2014 Limited, RA4, 250 miles, three days old:

The screen is only "kinda" bright. The little gear number next to the "D" is barely visible on a cloudy day and I can't see it at all if the sun is out. The whole panel - EVIC, tach and gages look sort of faded.

I tried setting the brightness on the radio screen but that did not affect the instrument display. I know about the thumb wheel brightness control - it is turned all the way up. 8.4 touch screen is plenty bright.

Anyone know how to make the EVIC brighter? Thanks.

lstowell 07-08-2013 03:55 PM

Re: EVIC brightness control?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcdenny (Post 854750)
2014 Limited, RA4, 250 miles, three days old:

The screen is only "kinda" bright. The little gear number next to the "D" is barely visible on a cloudy day and I can't see it at all if the sun is out. The whole panel - EVIC, tach and gages look sort of faded.

I tried setting the brightness on the radio screen but that did not affect the instrument display. I know about the thumb wheel brightness control - it is turned all the way up. 8.4 touch screen is plenty bright.

Anyone know how to make the EVIC brighter? Thanks.

Once you turn the thumbwheel till the courtesy lights come on, then back it off, it is as bright as it gets.

Which isn't very bright in daylight.

Try driving in really bright surroundings on a very sunny day with polarized sunglasses if you really want to see it disappear.

bill_de 07-08-2013 04:11 PM

Re: EVIC brightness control?
 
Use the paddle shifters and those numbers should brighten up. They aren't really considered needed if you're drive in auto mode.


---

Mcdenny 07-08-2013 05:13 PM

Re: EVIC brightness control?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 854775)
Use the paddle shifters and those numbers should brighten up. They aren't really considered needed if you're drive in auto mode.


---

Not needed but I like to see when the trans shifts - never had a car that showed that info before. The larger, brighter, "D" turns into an easy to see number when using the paddle shifters. They are pretty cool too, will come in handy pulling our camper. My old RAV4 would often hunt between 4 and 5 on the freeway when towing.

bill_de 07-08-2013 05:39 PM

Re: EVIC brightness control?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mcdenny (Post 854797)
Not needed but I like to see when the trans shifts - never had a car that showed that info before. The larger, brighter, "D" turns into an easy to see number when using the paddle shifters. They are pretty cool too, will come in handy pulling our camper. My old RAV4 would often hunt between 4 and 5 on the freeway when towing.

The transmission isn't that smooth! You can feel when it shifts, and keep your eyes on the road. :)


---

Willx 07-08-2013 06:02 PM

Re: EVIC brightness control?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_de (Post 854809)
The transmission isn't that smooth! You can feel when it shifts, and keep your eyes on the road. :)


---

lol, and or the tack swing is hard to miss.

I always wear polarized sun glasses and I drove 700 Miles in a the JGC the last week in all kinds of weather, I cant say I had an issue once seeing anything. If anything Polarized glasses make it easier. Anyone wearing polarized sunglasses having issues tilt your head, if at any point the screens get brighter than what they are at your head being level than the polarization is not correct on the lenses. As you tilt your head, they should get darker off axis and glare should increase. When you are level there should be 0 glare and the screens behind should be almost as bright as no sunglasses at all.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community