Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Export & Diesel Powered Jeep Models (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/)
-   -   06 CRD Running Poorly... HELP (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f79/06-crd-running-poorly-help-62525.html)

Scrim 07-08-2013 07:23 PM

06 CRD Running Poorly... HELP

:confused:Hello I am new to this forum and would like to ask for some help. My rig has over 200K and has hardly skipped a beat since new. I am now having a problem with it running poorly. It is hesitating and acting like it has from time to time when just "Blowing it out" took care of the issue. A friend says it is usually the fuel filter on diesels.

Does anyone have experience with this and what are your thoughts?

Scrim 07-09-2013 09:40 AM

Re: 06 CRD Running Poorly... HELP

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrim (Post 854861)
:confused:Hello I am new to this forum and would like to ask for some help. My rig has over 200K and has hardly skipped a beat since new. I am now having a problem with it running poorly. It is hesitating and acting like it has from time to time when just "Blowing it out" took care of the issue. A friend says it is usually the fuel filter on diesels.

Does anyone have experience with this and what are your thoughts?

I see this has been viewed a few times but nobody seems to have any thoughts. Maybe I haven't conveyed my problem well enough. Let me try to explain further...

Hesitating may not be the best explanation. Running rough while driving is another way of putting it, especially when driving uphill. Kind of sputtering... If it were a gas engine I might try replacing the spark plugs for example. Another symptom is the clattering noise when I try to "Blow it Out" by tromping on the accelerator... In the past when it ran poorly tromping on the accelerator did the trick. A big cloud of smoke would come out the tail pipe and then it would run fine for a long time. But that doesn't do it now.

Hope this helps explain things

Kreso 07-10-2013 08:42 AM

It can be dirty injectors. Specially if "bad" fuel is used. Next is HP fuel pump. Start from there

diesel2fast4u 08-02-2013 12:45 AM

DPF full?

Drive it very hard for some miles to get it to regenerate.
Engine check light comes on?

iboughtajeep 08-02-2013 06:46 PM

Its going to besomethinv with fuel pressure. Id say 90% chance its just the fuel filter. I'd be changing the filter ASAP, as you dont want any contaminants in the injectors. Change the filter and purge the system, im sure it will be fine for another 100k. That said, I had a toyota with a similar problem (felt like I was driving with the hand break on) and it only had 30k on the odometer. Turns out I bought some dirty fuel...