Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Dash parts not lined up correctly... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/dash-parts-not-lined-up-correctly-62536.html)

rm1515 07-08-2013 08:43 PM

Dash parts not lined up correctly...

Does anyone else have anything like this? Can it be fixed by me or do I need to take it to the dealer to get them to line it up correctly. It seems to be in the lower part around the shifter that is not correct.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2020.40.47.jpg

Dark_Shadow_GC 07-08-2013 09:25 PM

Mine is just like that. Have a few things I want dealer to take a look at and that's one of them. It seems to be a little crooked and not flush with the trim above it.

jeepguy123 10-23-2013 11:00 AM

Re: Dash parts not lined up correctly...

I think I have a similar issue. I just leased a Jeep Grande Cherokee Overland. The instrument panel appears to be slightly tilted down on the left side. Its very slight, but noticable to me. This mean that the left and right sides of the EVIC screen, say with the speedometer selected, are not level but slope slightly down on the left.

Does anyone else have this issue? I asked the dealer and they said its designed that way, but it very annoying. I'm used to having the instrument panel flush. :(

peejym 10-23-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepguy123 (Post 915762)
I asked the dealer and they said its designed that way(

They would say that wouldn't they. :lol::rolleyes::lol:, just like "only use ECO mode on the highway" and "you need to unlock the doors before you can open the rear gate with 2 pushes on your remote" :D

Tarponbeach 10-23-2013 02:14 PM

Mine is the same way. Bothered me at first, but I just ignore it now.

jeepguy123 10-23-2013 02:47 PM

The Overland is great. This is my only complaint so far. I'm hoping it will stop bothering me, but everytime I check my speed or cycle through the EVIC it wears on me.

Why do you think it is not aligned? Is it that the dashboard slants back and they designed it to be flush with the dash and not the sterring wheel?

WATacoRider 10-24-2013 12:48 PM

Because of this thread, I took a closer look at my dash and center console. That flap where it hides the plugins doesn't seem to be aligned perfectly. Neither is the center console that has the shifter. But it's pretty damn close.

I just think a lot of you guys are OCD about things. It's not like it's a HUGE distraction. The panels or parts don't rattle. They seem secure. All within normal parameters.

jeepguy123 10-24-2013 01:18 PM

I'm definitely OCD. But at the same time, I've never owned a car where the dashboard wasnt level to the eye with the seat and steering wheel. I wish they could rotate is just a tad to flattend it out.

crazyeddie 10-24-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WATacoRider (Post 916406)
Because of this thread, I took a closer look at my dash and center console. That flap where it hides the plugins doesn't seem to be aligned perfectly. Neither is the center console that has the shifter. But it's pretty damn close.

I just think a lot of you guys are OCD about things. It's not like it's a HUGE distraction. The panels or parts don't rattle. They seem secure. All within normal parameters.

Mine is this way also. 2014 Overland built on Aug 15. I'm sure after a joint and a few beers the guys on the line thought it was just fine. I had a few beers and now it looks good to me. I can't believe that the service department at my dealer(haven't been back since purchase) can actually fix it and not make it worse. I'll probably just get used to it . Overall I'm happy so far with my first Chrysler product since 1966. We shall see--ce

rm1515 10-27-2013 08:20 PM

I don't think wanting the parts of the dash to line correctly is OCD...

Its called bad QC!!

WATacoRider 10-27-2013 09:50 PM

Yeah, it's OCD if you're using a straight edge to line it up. These are mass produced plastic parts. There's going to be slight variation. That's just how it is. Not everything is going to be lined up exactly but it's close enough for a mass produced item. If you're going to use the excuse that it's a $40-50K price tag. That aint shit anymore these days. Tack on another 10-20% so you can have all your plastic panels line up exactly.

You could try and have the dealer adjust it, but you run the risk of them doing more damage than good, if it's even possible. Or they can say, it's within spec.

:slapfight:

rm1515 10-27-2013 09:56 PM

---------