Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Hemifever can now tune 2011 5.7 GC's

14K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  13ovsummit 
#1 ·
I just had my tune tweaked from Sean at hemifevertuning.com and he told me he has now tuned a few 2011's, so all you 11 owners can now enjoy what us 2012 have for a while! You won't be sorry.

#2 ·
Yes, been running Sean's 89 octane tune over the long weekend. Put about 200 miles on it and it has been running great. I also received the 91 octane tune, and will have to give that tune a shot once im due for a fill up.

Reactions: moosehead
#10 ·
I just received the 93 v2 tune from Him to test and he made some significant improvements on shifting. So far I really like it.

This is why I'd buy from him again and I highly recommend hemi fever tuning. He reached out to me with the updates.....I didn't have to ask. The guy is always working to make his product better.

Two thumbs up!!

#11 ·
Agreed! I was emailing him almost once a week for any updates on custom tuning. Over about 2 months went by, so I had given up hope. Sean reached out to me last week to have me try a custom tune. Awesome guy to deal with.

#15 · (Edited)
After 3 years and 36k miles, finally got the Diablosport T1000 for the 2011 WK2 via Hemifever, as per my fellow JG brothers I am most interested in Sean's custom tunes.

Though I am only running DS canned tunes for now, Hemifever has already gone beyond the call of duty as my first Trinity unit was wonky and would not load properly. It was so nerve wracking that it was a surprise that the Jeep didn't self combust. Sean came through for me with a replacement unit no questions asked, talked me outta the tree before I hurt myself or the vehicle while forcing something in anger, and again has me looking forward to his CMR.

I've only had a brief evening running the DS 91 canned tune so this is a bit unfair. I might notice a bit better throttle response though nothing material. Will give her a good romp in the mountains tomorrow and report back.

Patience is a virgin.

#18 · (Edited)
Hemifever's first 91 tune got rid of the horrible throttle lag from ETC, gives great mid range pull, and smooths all up and down shifts. No more mashing the pedal nearly to the floor just to get a downshift and throttle boost. I have not even sent Sean a log yet, but he's bound to get more jou jou at both Denver's 5,280' elevation, and especially up at 10k'+.

Very impressed. Thanks Sean.

#19 ·
I got my 89 tune from Sean within an hour of completing the purchase through PayPal. I know Sean's reputation precedes him, but his turn around time is impressive...almost as impressive as the tune itself!

I'll be sending him some data logs as soon as I use up the of 87 octane I have in the tank right now (fuel is nearly $4.00 gallon here) but the improvement I've noticed thus far is impressive to say the least.

Thank you Sean!!

#21 ·
Thanks to Hemifever, the Jeep is running strong. Sean has sent me four custom tunes, asked for 4 different data logs so he can tweak it just right, and continues to impress. We have exchanged over 30 emails, and he responds within the same day. Out of a long list of mods, Hemifever's tunes are by far the best performance item.

Others are correct, Hemifever is highly recommended. I would not buy or tweak a DiabloSport Tuner without them. Despite Sean's highly competent technical background, he is more than willing to walk laymen through what can be an intimidating process. Hopefully, they will become a JG vendor, if you are working with Sean please mention the site.

A big thanks to the members who were early adopters.

#30 ·
Hemifever I believe is the best possible tune for the 2011-2012 Jeep GC 5.7L Hemi :thumbsup:

#31 ·
I have a silly question, how do you install these types of tunes? I've seen a lot of positive feedback on the hemifever so I'm thinking on pulling the trigger, but I'm not sure what I need or how to install this. Do I need to purchase any other upgrades...exhaust, intake etc.? I'm just a normal guy and not someone who works on cars.

I'm most interested in improving the sluggish trany shifts.

#32 ·
First you'd buy the intune-dcx or the trinity. The intune-dcx is cheaper. Both tune the same, but the trinity has a few gtech features like a 0 to 60 timer and 1/4 mile timer.

I send the tuner with Diablo tunes on it. with the intune-dcx tuner, you'll update it and install a preloaded tune. Connect the tuner to ur pc with the supplied cable. Open up email and attach the "last tune written" from the intune drive. I'll edit it and email it back with my settings.

#33 ·
It's probably the easiest install you will ever do on the jeep. I bought my unit from Sean at hemifever.com. It comes with a hand held device either the intune or trinity whichever route you choose to take, and all the necessary cables (OBD2, USB). It's a simple plug and play and it flashes your PCM. You can upload new custom tunes to the device via your computer and supplied USB cord. Here is a quick video I found on YouTube that will give you the run down. It's a jeep wrangler but you get the idea.

2012 Jeep Programmer Diablo Intune - YouTube

#34 ·
Beat me to it Sean. Sean will get you squared away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.