Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/)
-   -   WK2 Headers (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f108/wk2-headers-62584.html)

bmackin 07-09-2013 10:12 PM

WK2 Headers
 
I've contacted Kooks Headers for a pair of headers for the 2011+ 5.7L Hemi WK2. They've informed me they will develop a pair and move it to the front of the queue, if I can organise 10-20 preorders.

Pricing would be around $1300USD.

If you're interested PM me with your details and I will add you to the preorder list.

Cheers,
Bill

Brett 07-13-2013 05:20 AM

Re: WK2 Headers
 
Hey Bill,

I'm mildly interested, but would be much more interested in getting a tune (something like the diablo sport hemifever tune). Also I guess you will be able to get the best performance if you have a tune along with your custom headers. I've heard that the export GC probably can't be tuned with the US handheld tuners. Just wondering if you've considered this and if so do you know if it can be done?

p.s. I recall a post somewhere where someone fitted SRT8 headers to their 5.7 hemi, not sure how the cost would compare to your option though...

Thanks

bmackin 07-18-2013 05:18 PM

Re: WK2 Headers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brett (Post 857570)
Hey Bill,

I'm mildly interested, but would be much more interested in getting a tune (something like the diablo sport hemifever tune). Also I guess you will be able to get the best performance if you have a tune along with your custom headers. I've heard that the export GC probably can't be tuned with the US handheld tuners. Just wondering if you've considered this and if so do you know if it can be done?

p.s. I recall a post somewhere where someone fitted SRT8 headers to their 5.7 hemi, not sure how the cost would compare to your option though...

Thanks

Hey Brett,

I've heard that a few tuners are available, but I haven't tried any myself. I'm waiting to add headers and an exhaust or a supercharger before I do my tune. From my understanding, the computers on the 2012+ models are encrypted and it is taking time to break the encryption. There are also other difficulties like the MDS system. From my understanding, some of the tunes out there disable the MDS system entirely to achieve their gains.

I believe the US handheld tuners work with the export models, but I cannot confirm that 100%.

I've also heard about someone using a pair of SRT Headers on their 5.7L Hemi. From my understanding it was a matter of altering the mounting flange slightly. If I'm going to make the upgrade I'm happy to wait for an official pair.

Cheers,
Bill

bmackin 07-18-2013 05:25 PM

Re: WK2 Headers
 
I've spoken with Kooks Headers again and they've informed the headers would be Long Tube Headers, although if demand was there they could produce short headers as well. They can also supply high flow cats for those that are interested.

I've got about 5 people on the pre-order list. We need at least 5 more!

Cheers,
Bill

Badassgrandcherokee 07-18-2013 06:00 PM

Re: WK2 Headers
 
wont you need a tuner for a header install anyway?

dj-q8ty 07-19-2013 09:07 PM

Re: WK2 Headers
 
I'm In

bmackin 07-21-2013 05:24 PM

Re: WK2 Headers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Badassgrandcherokee (Post 860714)
wont you need a tuner for a header install anyway?

DiabloSport provides a tuner for US models, but the rumour is that it won't work on export models. I've contacted DiabloSport directly and hope to have an answer soon. From my further research on the subject, DiabloSport appears to be the only tuner currently on the market.

Hypertech has a product called The Interceptor and Jet provides a Performance Chip for performance gains on stock 5.7L Hemi WK2 vehicles but these are not tuners, and I haven't confirmed they work on export models.

I hope that helps. I'm also talking with Magnuson Chargers about their Super-Chargers and Hennessey Performance about their plans. I'll keep you posted as I find out more.

Cheers,
Bill

Evolv0 10-10-2013 03:48 PM

Re: WK2 Headers
 
No you don't need a tune for any bolt on mods besides turbo/supercharge.. though after headers-exhaust, bigger throttlebody, CAI.. then a tune would be beneficial but not required.

citiscene 10-11-2013 05:55 PM

Re: WK2 Headers
 
count me in for shorty headers. have cash will purchase NOW!!!!!

bmackin 10-12-2013 04:03 PM

Re: WK2 Headers
 
I spoke with DiabloSport last week and they've finally released an update for the Trinity that includes support for international 5.7L WK2s. So everyone in Australia can tune their WK2s now.

Bolt-on modifications like headers don't require a tune, but you get much better performance from them when combined with a tune.

I'm working with some top tuners already to develop various tunes to accommodate various bolt-on mods and different driving conditions, (performance, off-road, eco, etc.). I'll be selling the Trinity and the custom tunes on our website very soon.

In the meantime, we need to get a few more names on the list so we can get Kooks Headers to make a pair of headers for us!!

PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,
Bill

Brett 10-12-2013 05:12 PM

Re: WK2 Headers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmackin (Post 909391)
I spoke with DiabloSport last week and they've finally released an update for the Trinity that includes support for international 5.7L WK2s. So everyone in Australia can tune their WK2s now.

Bolt-on modifications like headers don't require a tune, but you get much better performance from them when combined with a tune.

I'm working with some top tuners already to develop various tunes to accommodate various bolt-on mods and different driving conditions, (performance, off-road, eco, etc.). I'll be selling the Trinity and the custom tunes on our website very soon.

In the meantime, we need to get a few more names on the list so we can get Kooks Headers to make a pair of headers for us!!

PM me if you're interested.

Cheers,
Bill

YES! Thank you for all of your efforts Bill, that really is fantastic news. I think a LOT of Aussies will be interested in the tune. Any idea what sort of price you will be selling the Trinity for?

Evolv0 10-12-2013 08:15 PM

Re: WK2 Headers
 
I have my interest for long tubes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community