Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   05 Limited GC 5.7 Hemi... Ready to make modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/05-limited-gc-5-7-hemi-ready-to-make-modifications-6262.html)

HemiHipp 02-06-2010 02:58 AM

05 Limited GC 5.7 Hemi... Ready to make modifications

I just purchased a 2005 Limited GC w/ 5.7 Hemi. It's loaded with no modifications... Yet! It't a blank canvas and I am looking for advice.

I am interested in making enhancements to both performance and the look (interior + exterior) of my WK.

If you have recommendations on products that have proven to be quality, I would love to hear about them. When you reply, I would appreciate that you list why you like the product and why it is better than other comparable products.

I am especially interested to hear about:

Air Intakes
Replica SRT8 rims/tires
Headlamp/taillight mods
Interior upgrades --- I don't want the wood paneling!
Best iPod direct connection to stereo (NAV system).
Other practical upgrades
Roof Racks/Brush Guards

Thanks!

Frankie 02-06-2010 08:46 AM

Re: 05 Limited GC 5.7 Hemi... Ready to make modifications

I am especially interested to hear about:

Air Intakes - There are tons of CAIs out there...BWoody, Volant, K&N, Airaid, etc...Just do a search and see what one you like the best!

Replica SRT8 rims/tires - You can buy them on eBay!

Headlamp/taillight mods - You can do HIDs, halos, diff turn sig bulbs in the front and then LEDs, tint, reverse LEDs, reverse HIDs on the back!

Interior upgrades --- I don't want the wood paneling! - You can get the Larado or SRT trim and swap them out or have Daniel paint the wood any color you want! You can also do SRT pedals, change the shift knob, LED interior, speaker upgrade, NAV disk hack, etc!

Best iPod direct connection to stereo (NAV system). - I dont have an iPOD, I know I know, but Im sure others can help you!

Other practical upgrades - Depends what you consider practical! LOL

Roof Racks/Brush Guards - Ask some of the offroad guys here!

Scottina06 02-06-2010 12:48 PM

I got my replicas from www.factoryreproductions.com for $939 shipped in black staggered.(20x9 and 20x10) They are just like my oem SRT's except for the SRT script is not on the replicas.

Black Betty 02-08-2010 03:15 AM

Was that $939 for each rim or for all 4? Also what's the damage when you decide to change wheels in regards to the tire pressure monitoring? Is there anyway to carry the sensor over from the stock units to other rims?

jeepski09 02-08-2010 03:19 AM

Hey Betty yes that is for all for it is a great deal and really makes your ride look 10x better IMO Im pretty sure you switcht he sensors over

HemiHipp 02-08-2010 03:59 AM

Thanks for the reply. Good stuff!

Black Betty 02-08-2010 04:03 AM

Well to be honest this is the nicest vehicle I've bought yet because I'm a cheap bastard, and I've never had to really deal with anything that has tire pressure monitoring. I just went from a tanked out 91 Land Cruiser to more refined stock platform. Guess I'm gonna have to start from scratch here.

dmsfun 02-21-2010 11:50 AM

I got a good deal on ebay for an AFE brute force CAI and looks nice, you can feel the 17 hp more and 1.5 mpg more. I wouldnt get a brushgard unless you actually drive through the bush, as that adds considerable weight in the worst place possible, making handling and steering worse, also ruins areodynamics so poorer mpg.

555ctsv 02-21-2010 02:28 PM

I just installed all 4 bilsteins and the SRT8 rear sway. Love it! I'd definitely suggest the shocks.

ray101381 02-22-2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 155118)
I got a good deal on ebay for an AFE brute force CAI and looks nice, you can feel the 17 hp more and 1.5 mpg more. I wouldnt get a brushgard unless you actually drive through the bush, as that adds considerable weight in the worst place possible, making handling and steering worse, also ruins areodynamics so poorer mpg.

i believe AEM makes the Brute Force, and AFE is a different company.

i personally have the AFE intake, it's very high quality, fits well, and looks great. I've heard good things about the AEM as well but i like the look of the afe installed better and it has a plastic charge pipe, where aem i'm pretty sure is aluminum so in theory should soak up less heat, but bottom line all intakes perform near identical to each other. i know bwoody makes a true cold air as it draws air from the fender well area. just pick which one looks the best to you.

dmsfun 02-22-2010 04:41 PM

AFE has 2 models; the high end one is the Brute Force. I just removed the air filter element and cleaned and oiled it with AFE blue oil yesteday. The Brute force is more expensive, and has a higher HP rating. It has a plastic charge pipe and cold air enclosure around the filter, and says AFE Brute Force on the cover.

ray101381 02-22-2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmsfun (Post 156155)
AFE has 2 models; the high end one is the Brute Force. I just removed the air filter element and cleaned and oiled it with AFE blue oil yesteday. The Brute force is more expensive, and has a higher HP rating. It has a plastic charge pipe and cold air enclosure around the filter, and says AFE Brute Force on the cover.

that's odd, i have the Stage II AFE, with the charge pipe, dry filter, and airbox with the silver aluminum cover, i thought this was just called the Stage II, as the Stage I is just the filter and box no charge pipe. anyways it's all semantics at this point, but i know AEM's intake is called the brute force, never knew or seen the afe called brute force. AFE does make an intake called magnum force for certain diesels and bmw's. maybe that's what you're talking about